View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #73
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceanganb View Post
Am I missing something?
The flag is there simply to avoid doing the JUCE GUI initialization when running actions that don't need it. (In the previous hookcommandproc code, now in on_value_action.) It doesn't enforce anything.

The whole thing is probably kind of redundant, extension plugins using JUCE likely will want to use the JUCE GUI stuff at some point anyway, so avoiding hard making the initialiseJuce_GUI call is probably not that necessary...

edit : Still, it's really a bug in your code if you tell add_action the action is not going to use the GUI and you still do GUI stuff without the initialiseJuce_GUI call...

edit2 : I removed the uses_gui member from action_entry. I actually myself probably introduced a bug previously in the action that doesn't use a window but still would rely on the MessageManager being around. The cost is now that actions that really don't do anything with the JUCE GUI/messagemanager stuff will still initialize those when first run...

Last edited by Xenakios; 03-27-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote