View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

+1,000 on what you said, Loksenna but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Since it's obviously an obscure problem (in that none of us have a clue where to look, so far), I'd suggest posting it as a Bug in the "Track Bugs/Feature Requests" thingy up top. That is, I gather, what it's there for.
This is exactly what the issue tracker is not there for. It's there for posting and tracking consolidated and reliably reproducible bugs within Reaper and not the place to check whether or not it's a bug at all or maybe a problem with a specific computer like this case. That's what the Bug Reports forum is there for - we are supposed to check these things and lay out meaningful bug reports for the tracker there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyjamz View Post
The peavey mixer IS usb, thats how I have it hooked to the the computer.
Ah I looked for the PV-10 manual and not the PV-10 USB manual. In this case, the problem might be ASIO4ALL - the Peavey apparently doesn't come with an ASIO driver and ASIO4ALL might have the wrong settings or problems with its generic USB audio driver. I can't imagine what though since it apparently works and if you turned off the "latency compensation" and especially the "buffer offset" (both responsible for lots of additional latency), there's almost no way to end up with this kind of latency you report.

Last edited by Ollie; 07-01-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote