View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #20
jlgrimes11
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peevy View Post
I'm finally fed up with Windows & I'm seriously considering moving to Mac.

I use Windows only for Music making/production & Linux for everything else. I'm just fed up with Windows sluggishness & general tendency to treat all users as dumb ass " I'm a PC" "To the Cloud" I'm not a PC I'm a bloody human being & F**k the cloud. When I run Linux its just so much snappier & quick to respond & there's no worries about virus, at least nowhere near as possible as with windows. As with Mac, Linux viruses are very rare.

As most of us know when it comes to Music Production Linux isn't great. Believe me I've tried it all Ardour, Rosegarden, LMMS & even running Reaper with very mixed results. Besides I've a good few Payed for VSTs that I'd still like to be able to use & thankfully most of these have Mac versions.

I'm in need of a Laptop so I was maybe gonna go for a Macbook Pro for now & if that goes well I'll eventually go all Mac/Linux & be totally done with Windows.

So the question is how good is Reaper OSX at this stage? And how is OSX as an OS in general? Does it feel as snappy & responsive as Linux, well compared to Windows anyway?

Any & all input wil be much appreciated
What version of Windows are you using. I am using Windows 7 64 bit and don't have the sluggishness problems.
jlgrimes11 is offline   Reply With Quote