View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #18
urednik
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisk View Post
@urednik: insert the wrapper as the last plugin at the master track. Change all tracks and master track to 8 channels. Set the output of the last track plugin to the channel number you want the sound to be heard from:

1 Front Left
2 Front Right
3 Centre
4 LFE
5 Surround Left
6 Surround Right

Edit:

Got rid of the drop outs!!! Simply run the plugin as "seperate process" Everythings fine now. Thanks to all!!!

Edit V2:
This makes it alot easier:

http://acousmodules.free.fr/acousmodules_s_en.htm
1. Thanks Phisk. I am not sure if I did it right, here is what I did:
- Clicked the I/O button and changed master and 6 tracks from 2 to 8 channels (why 8, aren't there only 6?).
- In every track I opened its last plugin (whatever it is either an ReaEQ or a reverb), clicked on the "+" button > "Link to MIDI programme change" and set the track from no link to for example channel 3 (centre), other tracks I set to other channel numbers from 1-6.

2. Should every track go to Master/Parent send?
- how can I set that one track is not only for one position (f. e. centre) but combined - like center-left?

3. Are the drop outs you are talking about the same as by me, where the plugin takes to much CPU and I can not use it because the sound starts to stammer?
- if so, how did you run the plugin as a seperate process?

4. What exactly in the link you posted makes it a lot easier? Could you please explain me?

Thanks for your patience, since I am posting newbye questions here ...
W10 (64) Lenovo E540 - SSD; Lenovo B590; W7 (32), Compaq 610 (2.1Ghz core 2 duo, L2 cache, 2GB RAM); DPA 4018, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MTSC 64, Neumann mk184, AEA Ribbon 88mk, AKG SolidTUBE; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, recording merely live acoustic music.
urednik is offline   Reply With Quote