View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #20
TBProAudio
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Else View Post
Its all working great, but i did have a little bug. Normally the Post Gain is locked when Autogain RMS mode is ON. After using the other modes (OFF/BYPASS) and typing different figures in eventually the plug-in forgot that Post Gain was meant to be locked and basically the whole plug-in stopped doing Autogain, even when in autogain mode. If was possible to move the Post Gain slider in Autogain mode and autogain was broken. I had to reload the plug-in to make it work again.
Hmm, i was not able to get this issues, maybe you could give me a step by step description, so i can fix it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Else View Post
I was thinking even more ideas Hope you don't mind, feel free to not do it, just an idea.

For the Nebula plug-in, and some others, they react to the input volume. If you drive them they distort more analog style. What would be wonderful to have would be a special version of Source Gain that is linked to another Post gain that is inverted. If you add 3dB to this special Source Gain then the special Post Gain goes down 3dB. This would be done in real time independent of the Autogain of the plug-in!
I think i got the idea, little bit different to the goal of AB level matching. In any case i have Nebula myself (great plugin by the way) and i´m always struggling with the gain staging. So i think i can derive something for Nebula users:_)

regards
Thomas