View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #114
deailes
Human being with feelings

Thanks Diversgens.

I think you confirmed the issue. The template does not send MIDI. or at least Reaper does not interpret it.

To clarify. I find using the ipad just a little fiddly when tweaking knobs. I usually just use the channel strip part of your template. Anytime i want to write automation i usually just have a key command to learn last touched parameter which usually works fine in most situations.

When i was reading the Bi Directional part in the Lemur manual which explains how lemur variables can be controlled by midi hardware i thought this was maybe a way to use a generic midi controller to control the selected plugin but have the feedback displayed on the ipad.

So i would only be using the ipad and your template to switch between tracks and control the volume of the track and switch between automations modes etc. I would also use it to select between different plugins on each track but when those 16 device parameters are displayed (for which ever plugin you make active by selecting it) then the 16 midi knobs on my generic midi controller always control whatever 16 device parameters are displayed on the ipad. This would allow more tactile control.

Like i said i was able to amend the template so that when i move the knobs on the midi controller it moves the feedback for the display on the ipad but does not move the actual parameters within reaper.

You mentioned that its not correct to mix midi and osc so i am wondering if i am misinterpreting the section in the manual.

Edit:

My thinking was that if the template is controlling reaper and i use my midi controller to control the template then it all should work.
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 20.31.54.jpg (67.9 KB, 467 views)
deailes is offline   Reply With Quote