View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
roygbiv
Human being with feelings

Hi Smurf, thanks, in fact it was some of your posts extolling MixBus that helped push me off the fence and go ahead and buy it. I have to say, the sound is exactly as you say, excellent overall "vibe".

Couple of quick questions, if you don't mind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
This is exactly what I use Mixbus for also. What I do is get the mix 90% there & then render each track individually out of Reaper.
Excellent to know - any tips or macro suggestions for how best to do this to make subsequent import into MixBus as painless as possible? - i.e.., how to keep the name of each track, the appropriate volume levels, best sample-rate to use for the WAV file rendering (so it is not re-rendered by MixBus sample-converter) etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
...As for VST's in Win7, it has been a serious hit & miss on stability. The Plug & Mix 2x series does fine, the 3x series crashes Mixbus a lot. MY older Sonnox plugins, which are stable in Reaper, laugh every time I open them in Mixbus. It is one of those "try it & see" type of things.
Sorry for the dense question - how do I even get access to VST's on MixBus? Is that discussed somewhere on their webpage? Or is there a forum for MixBus similar to the fabulous one here for Reaper?

Thx

roy
roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote