View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
jaki54321
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkdts View Post
The pod will work, does it only have 2 inputs though? I suggested a souncard with more inputs, like atleast 8 with a couple of optical IO's so as to make the most of your mixer. U know, so you can record more than one stereo track at a time, or not having to record a whole mix bussed down into a stero out.
Something like the awesome Focusrite OctoPre MkII, or MOTU;s and even M-Audio has one with heaps of inputs, (even better you want the pre-amps, cos next after the mixer youll want the outboard preamps and compressors and reverbs ) alot of these soundcards you can daisychain together, so if you get the onyx you could run a direct out from each channel straight into the soundcard into Reaper and having a one to one relationship to your tracks and mixer. An awesome way to do it I rekon, bit more expensive, but its the way Id like to go,having a fair bit of hardware, just need a bigger soundcard.

I dont know how the Onyx works exactly, but what you said about soundcards having midi ports, yes, a good idea, and preferrably a FireWire interface too. But each to their own. USB3 is meant to be the hot new thing, but for the moment you cant beat FW and macs support FW800 right? too cool!

Google it all dude, its all out there, and at the end of the day, we buy what we can afford yeah? U can always sell and upgrade, but its still amazing what you can achieve with a very modest set up. Its great to have all the toys n hardware so as to be surrounded by all the space station blinky lights n madness and just being able to get ur hands dirty, but its not really neccessary these days with what goes on inside of ur puter.
Sadly my pod studio has 3 outputs... 2 analog outputs and 1 S/PDIF digital output. I got this one because its basic, fun, and I am just one guy doing this stuff... I have no assistance whatsoever other then my parents who don't have a clue about this kind of stuff but support me greatly.

I was looking at the line 6 toneport UX8, it has 8 outputs, and 8 inputs(with 2 extra in the front), which I think is just plain fricken awesome xD I enjoy line 6 gear, I like their gear a lot. But I also want top of the line. I'm thinking about going with either a behringer USB mixer, or the BCF2000. If not ill get the onyx. Its just I'm on a tight budget. So its complicated to get a lot of stuff.

here's a link to the UX8, would it work well?

http://line6.com/toneportux8/specifications.html

Last edited by jaki54321; 03-20-2010 at 07:41 PM.
jaki54321 is offline   Reply With Quote