View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
Codey
Human being with feelings

Thanks for the help.

I am familiar with ESET. It is a superb bit of kit and I put it onto quite a few machines where people are prepared to pay and where they are not intimidated by the interface (as simple as we may find it - an OAP would be headf****)

I have this system hardened at the lowest level so I know for a fact there are no viruses or trojans. In fact, the ONE Anti-Virus in real time I have running is not needed, but an extra layer of security.

This is not my machine we are talking about - it is someone who is not very well and needs everything automatic. I run no AV and no Anti-Malware on my main DAW - not even connected to net. It is system hardened at the lowest level with 10 times more protection than any AV could give.

But yes, Eset Nod is one of the best AV available and well worth the money. You have excellent taste Gentlemen ;-}

True security is tailored to the individual and their needs, with it ultimately being a balance between transparency (ease of use), cost and how paranoid one wants to be.
Codey is offline   Reply With Quote