View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
TexaCali
Human being with feelings

Default A&H Zed-R16 midi issues

I'm having a few minor issues using the midi controls on my Zed-R16 with Reaper:

1. Transport controls aren't quite right. "Play" starts playback, but pressing again doesn't do anything once playback has started (it should pause). "RWD" only jumps back, won't go to beginning of project (Shift-RWD doesn't do anything different). The transport controls appear to be implemented different from the other midi controls - I can't assign them through the actions menu like I can with other midi keys (pressing a transport key with the assign key dialog open has no effect).

2. The "Shift" key only behaves like a regular midi key. I can't figure out how to use it in conjunction with another key for a true "shift" function.

3. I assigned several of the rotary pots to "Adjust track FX parameter 1", "2", etc. However they don't seem to do anything. Assigning these pots to "pan", "send 1", "send 2", etc works as expected, but using them to adjust FX parameters has no effect. I've tried this with a number of different effects, including native Reaper effects, and non of them respond to the pots.

Admittedly these are all minor issues, but it sure would be nice to get them squared away so I can take full advantage of this otherwise amazing board.

Any pointers? Per suggestions of others, I have NOT enabled any control surfaces, and the Zed-R16 is selected only as a midi control device. Faders and assigning buttons/knobs to other functions is working as expected.

Thanks in advance!
TexaCali is offline   Reply With Quote