View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
Phisk
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by urednik View Post
1. Thanks Phisk. I am not sure if I did it right, here is what I did:
- Clicked the I/O button and changed master and 6 tracks from 2 to 8 channels (why 8, aren't there only 6?).
I simply did not see that reaper offered 6 channels per track. I just saw 4 and 8. That's all. My bad

Quote:
- In every track I opened its last plugin (whatever it is either an ReaEQ or a reverb), clicked on the "+" button > "Link to MIDI programme change" and set the track from no link to for example channel 3 (centre), other tracks I set to other channel numbers from 1-6.
See answer at 4

Quote:
2. Should every track go to Master/Parent send?
- how can I set that one track is not only for one position (f. e. centre) but combined - like center-left?
The master/parent send is still needed.

See answer at 4

Quote:
3. Are the drop outs you are talking about the same as by me, where the plugin takes to much CPU and I can not use it because the sound starts to stammer?
- if so, how did you run the plugin as a seperate process?
I don't think it uses too much cpu. It is just somehow behaving buggy inside reaper.

To run it as a seperate process. Reinsert it a master track by doing the following: in the "add fx window" rightclick the wrapper plug and select the "run as" -> "seperate process"-option

Quote:
4. What exactly in the link you posted makes it a lot easier? Could you please explain me?
The page contains surround tools. There are the free SpatReap 66 & SpatReap 66 mod plugins. Both are surround panner. You can freely place your sources in the souround space and the plugs will do the routing for you. You can fully automate them, so creating dynamic sonic impression is easy. Insert them in the tracks you want to pan as the last plugin.

Last edited by Phisk; 07-31-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Phisk is offline   Reply With Quote