View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
metallicaguy1
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycosuicide View Post
Here is what you should try. Lookup guitar cabinet impulse responss. I know Redwirez has free impulse responses. Download them and remember where you pu them. Now, record as you have with your Mustang amp but insert FX. Insert Reaverb. Don't create a reverb but use a file for your impulse response. Choose one of the cabinet impulse responses you just downloaded. You will notice a ton of fuzz and fizz gone.

Why? Your Mustang amp is recording the output the amp but not the speaker output. A guitar cabinet is an eq and it eqs out that high end fizz.

As I mentioned in my last post about using an attenuator with a line out, the sound is very fizzy. Once I insert a cabinet impulse response, I get a really nice and cleaner tone.

Since I am assuming you don't want to spend the money for another amp, my suggestion above is absolutely free.
I just tried this, cyco. Whenever I click reaverb and insert any of the amp models, nothing changes or sounds different... I downloaded rewirez, too. Do I record, stop, reaverb, and use an amp file? That's what I tried
metallicaguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote