richie43
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyelseuk View Post
I have an Amplitube 3.dll in -

C:\Program File\VstPlugins
C:\Program File(x86)\VstPlugins
C:\Program File(x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins

I have all three folders as VST locations in Reaper preferences and they have been scanned & rescanned. All that shows up in the 'add fx' window is 'Amplitube 3 (x86)', and when loaded, I check the 'info' and it confirms it's the 32 bit version.

Before I get to uninstalling/reinstalling - the licencing process is a real PITA - is there anything else I can try?
You don't need to uninstall. The problem is probably related to Reaper scanning for the 64bit Amplitube. Do you have Reaper set to scan that location? Also, if you have both 32 and 64bit versions of the same plugin, often times you need to have Reaper scan the 32bit location first (the order that you have the scanning locations listed in the preferences). If you use 64bit Reaper most of the time, you can just remove the 32bit plugin to eliminate the need for all of the other stuff I suggested and then let the 64bit version run bridged in Reaper 32bit when you need to do do. I have gotten rid of ALL of my 32bit plugins other than the ones that are only 32bit.
But IF you do uninstall/reinstall, in my experience with IK products you don't need to reauthorize unless you are installing to a different computer or hardware. Good luck!
Edit:
And if you reinstall, you might want to consider getting into the habit of installing your plugins to customized locations. This has made my fx organization so much easier, and if my OS ever gets wonky, I don't lose EVERYTHING.