View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #65
SD-dave
Human being with feelings

Default Another frustrated Waves user

OK, I've been using Reaper for a couple of years (32 bit, Windows 7) on a Lenovo T520 laptop. I got into Waves a while back, and have had most of the problems described on this thread. I finally got Waves plug-ins to work using the supplied shell (I am now running Waves 9.2). The big problem I have is that after building up a project with lots of tracks, including folder tracks with sub-folders, I find that some of the Waves plug-ins don't display the GUI properly (black boxes).

I have tried shell2vst (no difference), running Reaper as administrator (even activated the built-in admin account with no success), turned on Aero experience in Windows, added user access to "Classes" key in regedit. None of these seem to work. On my large projects I see the GUI on many of the tracks, but when I get to the last tracks the GUI's don't appear. If I move those tracks to the far left side of the project, save and restart, then those tracks display the GUI properly.

I have removed all other plug-ins from my test project and still no luck. I have tried running the Waves plug-ins as separate processes and dedicated processes (as well as native only) - no luck so far.

Does anyone else have a similar issue, or a fix for this? As we know, Waves will no support Reaper (bad on them).
SD-dave is offline   Reply With Quote