View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
Boddrick
Human being with feelings

As ever, you REAPER forum locals are heroes and have helped out a great deal! The 3XS from Scan sounds very promising indeed. From what you guys have said, it seems like it caters almost perfectly to what I'm after. Philait, you're right, I'm not techy enough to build my own machine, more's the shame!

I'm also not particularly familiar with the in-depth workings of OS's and RAM allocation and the like, so it's fair to say I haven't followed much of that debate. Whatever the weather, it can't be a BAD idea to be going for Windows 7 64-bit plus REAPER in 64-bit. Seems like I'm sure to make the best use of the machine's memory that way, and quite frankly that's all I need to know.

Dan, I appreciate the input, but you pretty much lost me at "Okay here we go again with this 64 bit crap." I actually searched these forums for the word 'RAM' before posting this, and read your previous rant on the subject. It was actually pretty informative, so thanks for that, but if it's so much of an inconvenience for you to explain 'this crap' over and over again, feel free to not do so. You could happily just slap in a link to your previous thread and say "here, read this."

Anyway, cheers guys! As a wise man once said, "Make music and be happy! "
Boddrick is offline   Reply With Quote