View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #25
Malevo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseburn View Post
I had terribly annoying problems with Waves on Win7 64 Bit and I finally found a solution !

- The user account control changes some things (coming from Win XP 32), but it's not that much: It's only relevant for older waveshells (5.0/5.2 etc, for all us Non-WUPers) which write their filter properties into the registry. These keys are located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Classes. Whenever you encounter the famous "could not find any Waves Plugins, reinstall...blabla" simply change the privileges of the "Classes" registry key. Users need to have full access (right click on "Classes" in regedit), at least during the plugin scan - otherwise C1, Q1, REQ etc. won't appear at all.
No need to install or run anything as an admin, just that single reg key ownership. UAC may be activated, no problems with that.

- Things might be quirky GUI-wise when using the original WaveShells. I had much better stable results using the famous shell2vst converter. Somehow I have to run shell2vst as admin to create the single wrappers. Move to vstplugins, clear cache and rescan plugin directory, done.

- The BIGGEST issue for me was: newer WaveShell GUIs (SSL, API) didn't appear at all, just black. I found out that my graphic adapter (Macbook Pro with X1600, Boot Camp 3, Snow Leopard, Win7 x64) didn't run anything OpenGL-related. While desperately trying to find a driver version which would let me run it, I accidentally ACTIVATED Aero again (I always turn off any graphic stuff, so my Win7 looked like Win2000) - and suddenly OpenGL worked. Turning off Aero seems to entirely disable 3D-/OpenGL support for GUIs.

So now I'm happily using Reaper x64 with Waves plugins !
I've tried all this and I still get the API and SSL looking completely black.
Any other solutions?
Malevo is offline   Reply With Quote