View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #395
bang
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Basically I want to be able to change these options via MIDI/OSC while playing so I don't have to open the interface and use the mouse. I thought about doing it via program change but that is apt to introduce a slight pause in output or possible stuck notes.
variant program changes should not interrupt arp!0 in any way other than loading a new configuration. seamless live config changes is one of the main reasons for having variants. so if it glitches i want to know and i'll fix it. but it sounds like you are more interested in remote control. for that i can see some value in exposing a sortx on/off parameter. the update sortx controls would be more difficult. there are too many i think to devote a parameter to each. internally they are bits in a single value. i'm not sure how useful a bit collection is for remote control. how important is this Anton? remote control of loading sortx's probably won't work. from Js you can't distinguish automation parameters and preset values. so a parameter to load a sortx will also show up when loading presets, which have their own embedded sortx's. afaik, there would be no way to know when to overwrite the preset sortx with a loaded sortx. for this i think you will need to put any sortx's you need in variants and use program changes. but as i said, that ought to just work. hope all this helps. enjoy! /dan
bang is offline   Reply With Quote