View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
clickonce
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
Reaper has been around for a decade or so. Why the lack of acknowlegement?? Obviously, competitors won't do so but there are tons of audio recording books out there that never mention Reaper at all (by authors who aren't connected with any corporate system).
I suppose it's just ignorance. I own x1 pro, studio one v2, and ableton live. I use Reaper almost exclusively because it does what I want and doesn't get in the way.

x1 pro - hated it... I bought it for matrix view hoping to rid myself of ableton dependency. It's a complete hog... bloated, slow and buggy as hell.

studio one v2 - it's ok, but it's not as customizable as I'd wish. I dislike their take system. But their fx channel is a cool feature. I use it only for mastering now.

Ableton - horrible for mixing, but the session view is just so cool. I love it for creating and exploring new ideas.

When all is said and done I spend >90% of my time with Reaper. It just works and is customizable so I can do anything I need to do. It's lightweight, has built in bit-bridge support, auto mute, auto save, rewire (for the few times I use Reason), reroute, skins, and anything can be mapped to a hotkey.

The one thing I wish it had is session/matrix view.

One day... and my life will be complete.