View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 03:26 AM   #39
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe
Human being with feelings

actually, you can use Scott's randomizer in combination with several instances of ReaSamplOmatic to avoid the "machine gun effect".

it's kind of hard to explain, but take a look at the attached fx chain. (you will of course have to load samples into the ReaSamplOmatics and add a drum track if you want to *hear* it in action.)

first in the fx chain: ReaGate to choose which hits to replace. second: Scott's drumtrigger to convert theses hits to midi, I choose to let it ouput on note 69.

then: the randomizer. I set it to listen to note 69 and output notes between 69 and 70.

next in the fx chain: two ReaSamplOmatics. the first I set to listen only to note 69 and the second to listen only to note 70. (make sure you set the pitch@start and pitch@end to zero.)

voila! no machine gun!

(or, to be honest, more like two guns fired in turns as I only used two different samples. if you want to use this for real you'd probably like to use more samples by increasing the note range in the randomizer and adding more ReaSamplOmatics.)

now all we need is ReaSamplOmatic to support multi velocity samples

I still cannot believe how extremely powerful the ReaFX in combination with Scott's are!

regards,
- Jonas Eriksson
Attached Files
File Type: rfxchain drumagogkiller_eh_not_really_but_still.RfxChain (1.4 KB, 571 views)

Last edited by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe; 03-16-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote