View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
dazzathedrummer
Human being with feelings

I've had a mac for about a year now, I find it to be way more intuitive for creative stuff than a PC.
On a PC I seemed to spend at least 50% of my time tweaking the OS so that Reaper would run smoothly, closing down processes etc, you don't get that on a Mac, you just run what you want to run and it works.

As far as being treated like a dumb ass, well I'm afraid that's something that's even worse in Mac world!! Macs are predominantly marketed at dumb asses with lots of money, most things are so completely locked down that you either use it their way or don't use it at all (iMovie, iTunes, Garageband, iWeb, safari etc), but once you get passed all that crap you'll be fine.

75% of people will hate you (irritating)......other Mac users treat you like a close relative (even more irritating).

Of course, Reaper IS Reaper, so no real change there - i've not had any problems so far.

I use mine in the studio, for live performance and recording, disco's and I've just used it to capture a camera feed on a video shoot, its never had the slightest problem.