View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:06 PM   #18
kaeru
Human being with feelings

play, stop, record, loop, FF and RWD buttons all work as intended, lights and all, when pressed in reaper, when you set the right device in mackie mode. The shift button which could potentially give some metronome controls doesn't work but thanks to your suggestion we found that's just the natural order of things since it doesn't send any midi signal at all. It must be something that is processed within the keyboard itself.

With that said, I still have hope that clicking on a track in reaper could be tied to an action that runs the correct python script to make the keyboard's light guide and parameter controls react. Since the arrow buttons on the keyboard itself do not send any MIDI data, though, I am less hopeful about being able to implement browsing through the tracks from the hardware.

It would be impossibly hard to play with without having the hardware, but I really am grateful for whatever progress you make, I am sure it'll be useful down the line as others join in .

Ideally, NI would just implement an OSC or python solution for reaper. I don't even know if they've tried and given up or just thought it wasn't worthwhile, they're -really- tight lipped about it.
kaeru is offline   Reply With Quote