View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #361
bang
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnif View Post
Is it possible that auto-save could mess up the play position?[...]The play position just seems to get to incorrect position quite randomly.
very astute jnif! i think that's exactly what is happening. i've noticed Reaper seems to invoke the @serialize code to save presets more often than i expected. but i hadn't made the connection to "randomly" saved position. i will remove the logic to save seq positions on save for the next release, coming r.s.n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnif View Post
I think this is OK behaviour. But there seems to be problems in some cases even when loop length and arp sequence lengths are identical. For example if I have two long MIDI notes (a two note pad chord). Then I playback a loop in the middle of that chord so that those two notes are sent to arp!0. In this case the first loop round is different than the subsequent loop iterations. It sounds like the order of the two notes changes in the end of the first loop round, but still the order is not changed in the "notes" row in the bottom of arp!0.
is the number of sequence steps odd and the number of notes even, or vise versa? does this happen only the first time through? does your loop in the middle of the sus'd notes start on a beat boundary? there is some tricky business here because Reaper is sending noteoff and noteons when the loop cycles, but the noteoffs/ons don't seem to happen at exactly the "right" times if my fuzzy memory is right. you could try turning off the clear notes on host seek option in the settings pane. and, what behavior are you hoping for?

enjoy! /dan
bang is offline   Reply With Quote