View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #10
dfackler
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by entspeak View Post
I agree that a reinstall will be necessary. For me, the Cockos FX are located in the program package and, while you seem to have the effect, it's not seeing it.

dfackler, that's strange. How did simply dragging the app into a folder move the FX out of the app package and into the folder? It doesn't do that for me. Are you on an Intel machine or PPC? (Wondering if that makes a difference).
Hmm. I've just tried a fresh install on another machine, and don't get my 'usual' folders. You're right-- it IS strange.

I've been using Reaper since the very beginning of its OS X incarnation and every time a new version appears, I drag Reaper.app and ReaMote into my extant folder, overwriting the previous version.

In looking at the package contents, I see what you do. I can't explain why mine is different, except for speculation about a really early version and its install procedure.

OP, when you reinstall, be sure to trash the Library/REAPER folder and the prefs file "com.cockos.reaper.plist" from Library/Preferences. If these are still intact, the new install will be directed to and reproduce your previous scenario.
dfackler is offline   Reply With Quote