View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
jaki54321
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkdts View Post
I rekon the Onyx before Xenyx and the BCF2000 looks killer and would be a great option. Theres threads here all about how to get it up n running with Reaps proper too. For their price they seem like a great deal. One wouldnt be enuff, chain up 3 of em and youd be rockin. Plenty of cheap controllers out there. Novations got that newish cool slider mixer dj thingy and the lil cheap korg nanos will do the trick too and almost anything can be rigged to move faders and eqs around.

good luck

edit: you got an external ADDA/souncard? This is needed. Though the Onyx FW thing could get around that, I dunno?, not sure about them , but for multiple track streaming/tracking/recording you will def need/want multiple input interface/souncard/ADDA/, then hook up yer flash new Onyx. I prefer to use a real mixer too, though havnt powered up my 24channel mackie in a long time cos im working in the box more n more these days, but i do really miss being able to ride multiple faders at once and get busy with the EQs. I will always get a more energetic and dynamic mix this way, instead of getting bogged down with endless automation edits. Both have their pros and cons. But theres just a certain something you get with hardware that digital with never reproduce, not yet anyway. And its not a sound thing its more to do with presence.
Hmm... What do you mean my external soundcard? I have a Pod Studio UX2 by line 6 which is external and can be used as the computers main soundcard. Do I need something with midi ports as well or something? I am extremely limited on USB hubs, my brand new imac as only 3 ports which are already being used! So my only bet right now is firewire unless I can find a USB hub that can run music equipment.
jaki54321 is offline   Reply With Quote