Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 PM   #41
The_Nimaj
Human being with feelings

Default Update 1.3.2016

Added the 'light show' to all of the builds. You can customize the text it displays by setting INTRO_STRING. For example
Code:
INTRO_STRING=FPXT
. Since this does add about 300 ms per letter, you can certainly turn this off by setting ENABLE_INTRO to 0.

Also fixed a bug where 'Bank' would toggle even if you were only going to fx mode.

Check this out to show what the 'light show' looks like.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #42
Kundalinguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nimaj View Post
No problem, I'm happy to do it. Only the N is before the M. No relation to Nicki.
Actually, I was aware of the right spelling beforehand, but when I started typing, I guess my brain short circuited or something.

It happens from time to time.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:38 AM   #43
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Which Firmware do you have?
v138 I believe, but I don't remember exactly.
Flashed it again (v138).

Still problem.
Can't use Play but Rec works (as before).
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #44
mauisys

Quote:
Is there a particular reason you've gone with the 32bit version of REAPER? Since you're running 10.11 you must have a 64bit processor so I assume that it's a plugin constraint?
It's been a while since I tried using the 64bit version but I do recall it was a plugin issue that prompted me to revert to the 32bit version.

Thanks for the Faderport XT update! I'll give it a try later this afternoon.

Dave
mauisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #45
mauisys

Quote:
EDIT: Here's a direct link to the version that should work for you, this should suffice until I can properly release it. A note: There's a little light show at the startup; I'll disable it when I release later but now I sleep.
Thanks!! It's working now. This is really great.

Dave
mauisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #46
The_Nimaj

Great! Be sure to download from the Original Post in the future and check back for updates. Sometimes when I get bored and that means new features or bug fixes!
Old 01-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #47
G-Sun

Updated with newest driver,
and working good now.
Don't know why..
Old 01-19-2016, 01:20 AM   #48
G-Sun

I notice tooltip shows last touched parameter on shift vol left drag,
and in upper right corner.
Is that by intention?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #49
Slapclap

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Updated with newest driver,
and working good now.
Don't know why..
Hi, I was inspired to purchase Faderport because of this thread, my new Faderport arrived yesterday, when I opened the CD wallet this morning to install the driver software, the damn CD was in two halves, downloaded faderport _135_617 software, but it seems to want to install Firmware and I assume, the device is already up to date and so the installation stalls, was "_135_617" the software you updated your driver from or am I barking up the wrong tree? I've contacted Presonus support, but it looks like it may be a couple of days before they respond and I'm sort of itching to get going, could you point me to a driver download please.
Slapclap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:51 AM   #50
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapclap View Post
Hi, I was inspired to purchase Faderport because of this thread, my new Faderport arrived yesterday, when I opened the CD wallet this morning to install the driver software, the damn CD was in two halves, downloaded faderport _135_617 software, but it seems to want to install Firmware and I assume, the device is already up to date and so the installation stalls, was "_135_617" the software you updated your driver from or am I barking up the wrong tree? I've contacted Presonus support, but it looks like it may be a couple of days before they respond and I'm sort of itching to get going, could you point me to a driver download please.
1.3.8 should be the best choice or better said, many who upgraded to 1.3.5 ended up with fader issues and 1.3.8 fixed those issues....

http://support.presonus.com/entries/...Fader-Solution
Old 01-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #51
Slapclap

Quote:
1.3.8 should be the best choice or better said, many who upgraded to 1.3.5 ended up with fader issues and 1.3.8 fixed those issues....

http://support.presonus.com/entries/...Fader-Solution
Thanks for the fast reply Karbomusic, But I think I may already have that, the problem is, when I try to install Faderport, after I press rewind, stop, record,for the firmware check, I get an error message, I don't know if it's because I'm not installing from the provided CD,(which is broken) or if I'm using the wrong software, Is 1.3.8 the driver package, or will that also preform a firmware check, the faderport is brand new, so I assume it should have the latest firmware?
Old 01-20-2016, 08:20 AM   #52
karbomusic

Quote:
Thanks for the fast reply Karbomusic, But I think I may already have that, the problem is, when I try to install Faderport, after I press rewind, stop, record,for the firmware check, I get an error message, I don't know if it's because I'm not installing from the provided CD,(which is broken) or if I'm using the wrong software, Is 1.3.8 the driver package, or will that also preform a firmware check, the faderport is brand new, so I assume it should have the latest firmware?
Are you on Windows? You should be able to run FaderPort_135_617.exe but don't run the Firmware installer that occurs after the driver install? Does it revert if you allow it to install the driver but cancel out of the Firmware check? 1.3.8 is a Firmware package only btw. It is also probably possible to extract the driver from FaderPort_135_617.exe then browse to it to update the driver bypassing the Firmware check altogether.

Starting to wonder if you even need ^that. If it happens to be class compliant it should just work but it has been so long I don't remember and I'm not at home to check mine to see.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #53
Slapclap

Quote:
Are you on Windows? You should be able to run FaderPort_135_617.exe but don't run the Firmware installer that occurs after the driver install? Does it revert if you allow it to install the driver but cancel out of the Firmware check? 1.3.8 is a Firmware package only btw. It is also probably possible to extract the driver from FaderPort_135_617.exe then browse to it to update the driver bypassing the Firmware check altogether.
Yes I'm on Windows 8.1 thank you kindly, I'll try that,, I have to go to work shortly, so won't be able to attempt it until tomorrow, but it's the driver I need, I downloaded Your\Nimaj patches along with 1.3.8 in anticipation, hoping for a quick set up, then I received the broken CD and can't run the driver install, once again, thanks for the help, you're a Gent!just hope I can extract the driver like you say, will see tomorrow.
Regards Slapclap.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #54
karbomusic

Quote:
Yes I'm on Windows 8.1 thank you kindly, I'll try that,, I have to go to work shortly, so won't be able to attempt it until tomorrow, but it's the driver I need, I downloaded Your\Nimaj patches along with 1.3.8 in anticipation, hoping for a quick set up, then I received the broken CD and can't run the driver install, once again, thanks for the help, you're a Gent!just hope I can extract the driver like you say, will see tomorrow.
Regards Slapclap.
No problem and welcome to the forum. Be sure to just plug the faderport in to see if is recognized too just in case. I ran the installer and cancelled before the firmware installer and I didn't see any actual driver that ends in .sys which makes me think it is class compliant and just shows up as a USB device. If that is the case you may be able to plug it in, then goto Reaper > Control Surfaces and choose FaderportXT from the list if using our extended version or select Faderport if using the built in version. We could be overthinking this.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #55
The_Nimaj

Quote:
I notice tooltip shows last touched parameter on shift vol left drag,
and in upper right corner.
Is that by intention?
It shows in the upper right because I couldn't figure out how to make it show up in a more useful location, so yes it's by intention.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #56
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Hi, I was inspired to purchase Faderport because of this thread
Maybe PreSonus should pay us a commission, eh Karbo?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #57
karbomusic

Quote:
Old 01-21-2016, 02:38 AM   #58
G-Sun

I'm experiencing errors when a parameter has envelope.

I have a delay, and are unabel to select feedback for the Faderport fader, as it holds onto another parameter that has envelope.
When I add an envelope for feedback, there sound like conflicting messages to the fader, like to motors going in different directions.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:07 AM   #59
Slapclap

Quote:
I agree with this!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:48 AM   #60
Slapclap

Quote:
No problem and welcome to the forum. Be sure to just plug the faderport in to see if is recognized too just in case. I ran the installer and cancelled before the firmware installer and I didn't see any actual driver that ends in .sys which makes me think it is class compliant and just shows up as a USB device. If that is the case you may be able to plug it in, then goto Reaper > Control Surfaces and choose FaderportXT from the list if using our extended version or select Faderport if using the built in version. We could be overthinking this.
Thanks for the welcome Karbo,it's appreciated, having engaged my brain while at work and thought through what you said, I installed the V_138 firmware from my laptop (no USB 3 ports) and it went without an hitch, then followed your instructions, "Copy the reaper_csurf_fpxt library file to the UserPlugins folder." Reaper options- faderport XT and set it up, restarted Reaper and Faderport sprung into life, seems the basic functions are working like they should, I've not had time to try the extended features so can't say If they work yet, I'm limited for time until the weekend, this is my night shift week so time is short and my brain's frazzled, but I'll try out as much as I can and report back, hopefully this will help others that find themselves in a similar position.

PS. I copied the, reaper_csurf_fpxt into the Reaper folder, is that the correct location?

Just like to thank You and the rest of the Reaper community, I love the ethos behind reaper and what you guys are achieving, it restores this mans faith in humanity.

PPS, I raised a ticket with Presonus, for help with this problem, still awaiting reply, perhaps these company's have a lot learn from people like yourself.
once again thanks a lot.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:40 AM   #61
karbomusic

Quote:
PS. I copied the, reaper_csurf_fpxt into the Reaper folder, is that the correct location?
Based on The_Nimaj's steps in the first post the UserPlugins folder?
Old 01-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #62
Slapclap

Quote:
Based on The_Nimaj's steps in the first post the UserPlugins folder?
Yes sorry about that, tired brain the benefits of nightshift, I've just been reading the original post and realized I'd missed that point, thanks for all the help man, you're a star.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:47 AM   #63
G-Sun

Here is a visual of the flicker between two parameters

(I do no change on the gif above, and it's actually much faster changes)
Old 01-26-2016, 05:49 AM   #64
G-Sun

The problem with tooltip is in fact quite important to me.
When I'm tweeking a fader, I often need to see the values,
but now it's gone, and replaced by last touch parameter.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #65
Brado231

Thanks karbomusic for the original mods (I've been using it and loving it for the last few years) and thanks to The_Nimaj for all of these new updates (fantastic additions!).

Two problems I have encountered so far that I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on....

1. The Intro lights don't work for me even although ENABLE_INTRO=1 is set in the ini file. When is this supposed to come up? When Reaper first initializes the device upon loading Reaper?

2. When I press Output it doesn't select the Master track anymore. ACTION_OUTPUT=1 is set in my ini file. Does anyone else have this issue?

FYI, I'm running Reaper 5.15 pre4 x64 atm I have 1.3.8 firmware on the faderport.

EDIT: Both problems happen on MAC and Windows version of Reaper for me (64-bit)

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited by Brado231; 01-26-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:27 PM   #66
The_Nimaj

I know about the intro light glitch (I haven't addressed it because I honestly didn't think anyone would use it ). I will look into the Output issue, I don't really use it myself so it's quite possible I've missed the bug. Thanks for the bug report, I'll post fixes soon.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #67
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brado231 View Post
Thanks karbomusic for the original mods (I've been using it and loving it for the last few years) and thanks to The_Nimaj for all of these new updates (fantastic additions!).
Two problems I have encountered so far that I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on....
Fixed and updated along with an important bug fix.

Quote:
I'm experiencing errors when a parameter has envelope.

I have a delay, and are unabel to select feedback for the Faderport fader, as it holds onto another parameter that has envelope.
When I add an envelope for feedback, there sound like conflicting messages to the fader, like to motors going in different directions.
This is the important bug fix (hopefully). Also I missed your more recent post about the tooltip. I will try to fix ASAP (tomorrow if I get time), sorry about that.

EDIT: Actually the tooltip was related to the conflicting fader messages bug. So it may, in fact, be fixed.

Last edited by The_Nimaj; 01-27-2016 at 09:25 PM.
The_Nimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:48 PM   #68
G-Sun

Quote:

This is the important bug fix (hopefully). Also I missed your more recent post about the tooltip. I will try to fix ASAP (tomorrow if I get time), sorry about that.

EDIT: Actually the tooltip was related to the conflicting fader messages bug. So it may, in fact, be fixed.
Thank you very much!
I believe the driver don't release the parameters properly.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:25 AM   #69
Brado231

Quote:
Thanks!! Both seem to be working perfectly for me now

I like the intro message. Very creative on your part!
Old 01-28-2016, 04:33 AM   #70
Brado231

There is one more thing you may be able to fix if you have time, that has existed for me for a long time?....

Whenever I have a track selected that has record armed (Rec light ON), or have the master track selected (Output Light ON) and exit Reaper, those lights stay turned on on the Faderport and cannot be turned off without disconnecting the power to the Faderport (or restarting Reaper).

Are you able to send the plugin a message on Reaper close to say turn off all lights that are illuminated on the Faderport at time of close?

Thanks again for your great work!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #71
G-Sun

Tried 1.27.2016
and seemed like the bugs were sorted
Thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 07:58 PM   #72
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Whenever I have a track selected that has record armed (Rec light ON), or have the master track selected (Output Light ON) and exit Reaper, those lights stay turned on on the Faderport and cannot be turned off without disconnecting the power to the Faderport (or restarting Reaper).

Are you able to send the plugin a message on Reaper close to say turn off all lights that are illuminated on the Faderport at time of close?
Is REAPER closing gracefully? I don't have this issue and the default driver that comes with also REAPER doesn't do this AFAIK. REAPER will close the plugin which turns off all of the lights. So unless REAPER is actually crashing, then they should be off.

Last edited by The_Nimaj; 01-28-2016 at 08:06 PM.
The_Nimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #73
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Thank you very much!
I believe the driver don't release the parameters properly.
Well, Reaper sends two messages when you select (click on) parameters. I was only aware of one when I implemented the select_touched_param. I didn't know, however, that this same message was sent (repeatedly) when a param had an automation lane while it was automation armed.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #74
Brado231

Quote:
Is REAPER closing gracefully? I don't have this issue and the default driver that comes with also REAPER doesn't do this AFAIK. REAPER will close the plugin which turns off all of the lights. So unless REAPER is actually crashing, then they should be off.
Yep, Reaper is closing gracefully. Definitely not crashing.

When I say I can't get the lights off after exiting Reaper without pulling the power. I mean the USB cable, not the power cable. Power for the lights must come from USB as pulling the power cable makes no difference... it must only provide the power for the motorised fader.

I have the Faderport plugged into a powered USB hub. I'm thinking being plugged into a powered USB port may have something to do with it. I'll see what happens in a non-powered port now and get back to you.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:56 PM   #75
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Yep, Reaper is closing gracefully. Definitely not crashing.

When I say I can't get the lights off after exiting Reaper without pulling the power. I mean the USB cable, not the power cable. Power for the lights must come from USB as pulling the power cable makes no difference... it must only provide the power for the motorised fader.

I have the Faderport plugged into a powered USB hub. I'm thinking being plugged into a powered USB port may have something to do with it. I'll see what happens in a non-powered port now and get back to you.
My faderport is also in a powered USB hub. That shouldn't make a difference, and yes, the power cable is only for the motor. How are you closing REAPER? Pressing the X or File -> Close, etc. Perhaps I can try exactly what you're doing and see what the issue is. Also, does the fader return to the zero (bottom) position on close?
Old 01-28-2016, 11:14 PM   #76
Deewah

Hi
Please help
My problem is: my effects on my sample aren't working.
Here's what's happening.
I use a synth machine (YAMAHA SU700) I have a sample with an effect, from the Machine I'm connected to an audio interface (DidgiDesign 003 rack) connected through six channels(synth connected with Audio interface).
From interface to CPU and into Reaper.
When I play sample the effect is not working.
Is it because through the channels effects are turned off. So is it because of the audio interface or do I have to adjust a setting in Reaper?

Thank you
Deewah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:30 AM   #77
G-Sun

Quote:
Well, Reaper sends two messages when you select (click on) parameters. I was only aware of one when I implemented the select_touched_param. I didn't know, however, that this same message was sent (repeatedly) when a param had an automation lane while it was automation armed.
That makes sense.
I'll check out how this is now.
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2016, 02:43 AM   #78
Brado231

Quote:
My faderport is also in a powered USB hub. That shouldn't make a difference, and yes, the power cable is only for the motor. How are you closing REAPER? Pressing the X or File -> Close, etc. Perhaps I can try exactly what you're doing and see what the issue is. Also, does the fader return to the zero (bottom) position on close?
Sorry for the delay getting back. Have been running quite a few tests and noticed a few new things that I hadn't previously....

I'll start out with my config to give you an understanding of what I am running (to maybe give you some ideas):

Macbook Pro 15 Mid 2014 with 2 x USB 3.0 ports - 2 USB hubs (see below) plugged into these
Bootcamp Windows 7 Ultimate installation (this is where I run all of my main audio stuff including Reaper)
MAC OSX Yosemite (10.10) - I run Reaper here too but mainly for testing - nothing production
Belkin 7-Port Powered USB 2.0 hub x 2
Faderport plugged into Belkin USB 2.0 hub
Faderport has 1.3.8 firmware
Currently have Reaper 5.15 pre6 64-bit installed on both OS's along with your latest version of Faderport XT.

Ok, now for what I found....

The MAC version works perfectly and DOESN'T have the problem I described. I just noticed this. When I exit Reaper on MAC the fader goes all of the way to the bottom as you mentioned and all lights on the Faderport turn off. Perfect!

The Windows version exhibits the issue everytime (leaving lights on). I exit Reaper by pressing the X in the top right corner. I tried having the Faderport plugged directly into the MAC, as well as plugged into the USB hub as normal, and both ways have the same issue, so it shouldn't be related to the USB hub as you say. Also, the MAC version works fine when plugged into the USB hub, so I think that can be crossed out as a potential problem.

The Windows version DOESN'T move the fader to the bottom on exit like the MAC version does.

All I have to do in Windows to have the lights left on is:
1. Load Reaper
2. Select the Master track so the Output light is ON, or create a track and set record arm to on to turn on the Rec light on the Faderport.
3. Press X in top right corner to exit Reaper.
4. When back in Windows the lights on the Faderport are stuck on (Rec and/or Output - Have also seen Loop stay on).
5. If I load Reaper again the lights instantly turn back off when Reaper detects the Faderport.

That's pretty much it. Very easy to reproduce for me. Happens every time. Don't want to lights to stay on permanently (even when im not home and computer isn't there) and eventually burn them out. I currently need to remember to unarm everything before exiting Reaper to make sure they are off.

Thanks heaps for your help. It is very much appreciated!

EDIT: Oh btw, the Stop light always turns off on exit in both Windows and MAC OSX. It's just those other lights that seem to have an issue.

Last edited by Brado231; 01-29-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:03 AM   #79
G-Sun

I couldn't get the parameter-mode to work now.
Bank blinked for a second, then went off all the time.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:25 AM   #80
karbomusic

The intermittent lights after closing Reaper has been there as long as I can remember. Code says it shouldn't happen IIRC but it does. There should be several mentions of it in the other thread.