Old 01-13-2017, 11:53 PM   #41
Outboarder
Human being with feelings

Nice update.
LFO Tool - MIDI editor version link is down (404: Not Found).
I updated Reapack today but all 4 versions giving me this error(14bit or 7bit):

ERROR:
Since the 'laneToUse' setting is currently set to 'last clicked', the last clicked lane in the MIDI editor must be either a 7-bit CC lane, a 14-bit CC lane, pitchwheel or channel pressure.

The 'laneToUse' setting can be changed to 'under mouse' in the script's USER AREA.

(To suppress future non-critical error messages, set 'verbose' to 'false' in the USER AREA near the beginning of the script.)
Old 01-14-2017, 04:22 AM   #42
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outboarder View Post
I updated Reapack today but all 4 versions giving me this error(14bit or 7bit):
Could you please try synchronizing ReaPack again? There should be *six* versions for the MIDI editor (and they should be version 2.00). I uploaded the new versions only a few minutes before writing the message in the forum, so perhaps Github had not yet consolidated the files by the time that you synchronized ReaPack.

Quote:
Nice update.
LFO Tool - MIDI editor version link is down (404: Not Found).
I do not understand - which link does this refer to?

Quote:
ERROR:
Since the 'laneToUse' setting is currently set to 'last clicked', the last clicked lane in the MIDI editor must be either a 7-bit CC lane, a 14-bit CC lane, pitchwheel or channel pressure.

The 'laneToUse' setting can be changed to 'under mouse' in the script's USER AREA.

(To suppress future non-critical error messages, set 'verbose' to 'false' in the USER AREA near the beginning of the script.)
This error message means that the last clicked lane was not usable. LFOs can only be drawn in lanes that accept messages with continuous values, so for example, LFOs cannot be drawn in the text or sysex lanes.

The velocity lane is only usable in the (new) "apply to existing CCs or velocities" versions, not the "insert CCs" versions.

Besides the velocity lane, the usable lanes are 7-bit CC, a 14-bit CC, pitchwheel and channel pressure.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:53 AM   #43
teniente powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
+ Requires REAPER v5.32 or later.
Maybe this is the reason of the error. Reaper 5.32 is not still available for everybody.
teniente powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 AM   #44
Outboarder

Hi

This link:
LFO Tool - MIDI editor version
It is not only me!
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...47&postcount=7

I want to use it on standard velocity(first parameter in cc list).
as I said all 4 of them gives error(not only last clicked).
I'm waiting for new version(5.32), that should work.

Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:56 AM   #45
juliansader

Quote:
Oops! The direct download links in the first post were outdated, and the scripts should instead be installed via ReaPack. Thanks for letting me know - I have edited the post to remove the links.

If the new versions are correctly installed, there should be six versions, and currently all are version 2.00:
* js_LFO Tool (MIDI editor version, insert CCs in time selection in lane under mouse)
* js_LFO Tool (MIDI editor version, insert CCs in time selection in last clicked lane)
* js_LFO Tool (MIDI editor version, insert CCs under selected notes in lane under mouse)
* js_LFO Tool (MIDI editor version, insert CCs under selected notes in last clicked lane)
* js_LFO Tool (MIDI editor version, apply to existing CCs or velocities in lane under mouse)
* js_LFO Tool (MIDI editor version, apply to existing CCs or velocities in last clicked lane)

(These are actually all the same script, the only differences being different presets of some of the user-customizable settings.)
Old 01-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #46
msundh

Quote:
+ Requires REAPER v5.32 or later.
Are you sure?
Old 01-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #47
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundh View Post
Are you sure?
Yep. The script checks the version of REAPER and will quit if it is not v5.32 or later.

v5.32 includes a major bug fix for ReaScript MIDI API functions, namely that overlapping notes (even though they are not technically legal MIDI data) will no longer disappear or be mutated into infinitely extended notes.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:01 AM   #48
Outboarder

Installed 5.32

Now it works flawless.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #49
bladlus

Thanks a bunch for this, Julian, awesome script!

Would it be possible to add a separate randomness scale, which affects the position of the points in time? (left/right)
bladlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #50
juliansader

Perhaps one of Kawa's scripts could help? For example: Random CC Position.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:10 AM   #51
Flaneurette

Very generous of you, juliansader!

It's great to know we can do this in Reaper right now, without the aid of expensive plugins. Reaper is getting better by the day because of these additions.
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:28 AM   #52
dimitris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneurette View Post
Very generous of you, juliansader!

It's great to know we can do this in Reaper right now, without the aid of expensive plugins. Reaper is getting better by the day because of these additions.
+1, what an amazing tool!
dimitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #53
deeb

i can't get "Envelope LFO and shaper", nor the midi versions of it working properly!

Font and gui is a bit more cluttered but seems ok!
but when applying In Envelope Lfo per example: nothing changes on the resulting curve ..
in the midi versions i have a lot of messages saying that the last selected lane is not 7 or 14 bit in a program change , in modulation well some changes happen but results seems unpredictable and wrong.

Any one has this working well with OSX?
i am on 10.9.5 and reaper 5.33

Thanks
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:13 AM   #54
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
i can't get "Envelope LFO and shaper", nor the midi versions of it working properly!
Could you perhaps upload a screencap of what is happening?

(If you are not familiar with posting screencaps in this forum: Most members use LICEcap (another Cockos product), and you can upload large files to the forum's stash.)

Quote:
but when applying In Envelope Lfo per example: nothing changes on the resulting curve ..
The LFO Tool applies its curve to the selected envelope, and only within the time selection. So please check that you have 1) selected an envelope (by clicking on it), and 2) made a time selection.

Quote:
in the midi versions i have a lot of messages saying that the last selected lane is not 7 or 14 bit in a program change , in modulation well some changes happen but results seems unpredictable and wrong.
This error message means that the last clicked lane was not usable. LFOs can only be drawn in lanes that accept events with continuous values, so for example, LFOs cannot be drawn in the text or sysex lanes.

The velocity lane is only usable in the (new) "apply to existing CCs or velocities" versions, not the "insert CCs" versions.

Besides the velocity lane, the usable lanes are 7-bit CC, a 14-bit CC, pitchwheel and channel pressure.

(BTW, I made a small v2.02 update to the MIDI editor LFO scripts earlier today, so you can re-sync ReaPack.)

Last edited by juliansader; 02-28-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #55
deeb

Quote:
(BTW, I made a small v2.02 update to the MIDI editor LFO scripts earlier today, so you can re-sync ReaPack.)
LFO generator and shaper working today after update (some parameter not sure what they are doing, but that should be my problem)

Quote:
so if i want to do a curve in program change i cant't?

I'll do a LICEcap if i find anything relevant to report. Many thanks
Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #56
TonE

juliansader, did you correct following tiny 'bug'.

line 2096:
PHP Code:
           -- if savedNames[i] == "default" then

if savedNames[i] == defaultCurveName then 
With this change it works perfectly.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #57
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
juliansader, did you correct following tiny 'bug'.
Thanks for letting me know!

I have uploaded v1.11 of "js_Envelope LFO generator and shaper" with the bug fix.

(This demonstrates one advantage of open source scripts above native functions: bugs can more easily be found and corrected.)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #58
TonE

Yes, sorry for reporting so late, I discovered it when I tried to use multiple curves, then it was not working, because it was expecting always the name 'default' and I had 'saw'. So far I have two sidechain curves, one default using 'sine' shape, another 'saw' shape. Great for quick sidechaining of any parameter. I am using the fastest vol_pan provided by Cockos. Together with two other actions, you can shape it to your taste. In reality those two curves are many more curves, if you count each modification as a new curve. Depends on the used sounds.

Here the other two actions, used in vimper:
PHP Code:
  ,['+'] = runAction(DecreaseBezierTension)
  ,[
'#'] = runAction(IncreaseBezierTension
IncreaseBezierTension = 41122
DecreaseBezierTension = 41123
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #59
deeb

hello! Thanks for this!

I 'd like to change the min range , so i edited the script and found this lines:
-- By default, these curve will align if the tempo is a constant 120bpm
-- The range is between 2 whole notes and 1/32 notes, or 0.25Hz and 16Hz.
timeBaseMax = 16 -- 16 oscillations per second
timeBaseMin = 0.25
beatBaseMax = 32 -- 32 divisions per whole note
beatBaseMin = 0.5

How can i safely get like 20 minutes cycles? :P or 1000 Whole notes
Old 05-09-2017, 07:22 AM   #60
juliansader

Quote:
hello! Thanks for this!

I 'd like to change the min range , so i edited the script and found this lines:
-- By default, these curve will align if the tempo is a constant 120bpm
-- The range is between 2 whole notes and 1/32 notes, or 0.25Hz and 16Hz.
timeBaseMax = 16 -- 16 oscillations per second
timeBaseMin = 0.25
beatBaseMax = 32 -- 32 divisions per whole note
beatBaseMin = 0.5

How can i safely get like 20 minutes cycles? :P or 1000 Whole notes
Wow, 20 minutes? You can safely change the timeBaseMin to something like
Code:
timeBaseMin = 1/(20*60)
The only potential niggle (that I can think of) is that saved curves may not load correctly if these default values are changed, since Rates are saved as relative values.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #61
deeb

Quote:
You can safely change the timeBaseMin to something like
Code:
timeBaseMin = 1/(20*60)
jeee thank you! will try it later!

other thing: any plans for lfo tool envelopes work on pre existing values?
Old 06-16-2017, 03:36 AM   #62
EvilDragon

@juliansader: I would only like this LFO tool to have these two options added:

* Remove redundant CCs checkbox (make sure this value is remembered somewhere, I'd hate setting it every time LFO tool opens). It would not be good to set this as a parameter within the script, because then we would need to change that parameter every time the script is updated, which is not cool...
* Should position the window at mouse cursor when instantiated (using Breeder's SWS actions), if there's no way to remember the last position of script generated window. Is there?

Last edited by EvilDragon; 06-18-2017 at 01:49 AM.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:48 AM   #63
EvilDragon

Pinging Julian again!
Old 06-18-2017, 03:36 AM   #64
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
@juliansader: I would only like this LFO tool to have these two options added:

* Remove redundant CCs checkbox (make sure this value is remembered somewhere, I'd hate setting it every time LFO tool opens). It would not be good to set this as a parameter within the script, because then we would need to change that parameter every time the script is updated, which is not cool...
I will include the option to skip redundant CCs in the next update, probably today or tomorrow. (And it will be remembered.)

Quote:
* Should position the window at mouse cursor when instantiated (using Breeder's SWS actions)
I am not very fond of the suggestion to position the window at the mouse cursor, since mouse position is unpredictable: sometimes the script is called from the toolbar, sometimes as "lane under mouse" version, etc. Moreover, there are several variants of Breeder's actions, and I don't know which would be preferred by most users: Should the window open below the mouse or above? To the right or to the left?

Quote:
if there's no way to remember the last position of script generated window. Is there?
To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible for Lua scripts to *accurately* re-open at their last positions.

But there is good news! Personally, I prefer to use 3rd party apps to manage my windows: DeskSoft's WindowManager works nicely on my DAW, and you can create rules to position any script GUI.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:46 AM   #65
EvilDragon

Quote:
I will include the option to skip redundant CCs in the next update, probably today or tomorrow. (And it will be remembered.)
Great, thank you!

Quote:
I am not very fond of the suggestion to position the window at the mouse cursor, since mouse position is unpredictable: sometimes the script is called from the toolbar, sometimes as "lane under mouse" version, etc. Moreover, there are several variants of Breeder's actions, and I don't know which would be preferred by most users: Should the window open below the mouse or above? To the right or to the left?
Currently it's a BIG problem for me because I use Reaper stretched over two monitors, my MIDI editor is on the right monitor, and LFO tool script ALWAYS opens ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT on the left monitor, so there's a lot of mousing around unfortunately.

Is there a way to get the mouse cursor position when the script is ran? In that case, you can use all of Breeder's actions to position the LFO tool window according to where mouse cursor is. If it's in upper half, then position it below the cursor, if it's in the lower half, position it above the cursor. If it's close to the right edge of the monitor position it to the LEFT of mouse cursor, and so on...

In case of a toolbar it should be all the same, just following the rules above.

Quote:
But there is good news! Personally, I prefer to use 3rd party apps to manage my windows: DeskSoft's WindowManager works nicely on my DAW, and you can create rules to position any script GUI.
Honestly, don't really want to install a 3rd party tool if this can be dealt with with the mouse cursor positioning actions Breeder has done...
Old 06-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #66
juliansader

Quote:
Currently it's a BIG problem for me because I use Reaper stretched over two monitors, my MIDI editor is on the right monitor, and LFO tool script ALWAYS opens ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT on the left monitor, so there's a lot of mousing around unfortunately.
Perhaps the easiest solution would be to make a small edit to the scripts?

Search for the line
Code:
gfx.init("LFO: ".. targetLaneString, initXsize, initYsize,0)
and replace it with
Code:
gfx.init("LFO: ".. targetLaneString, initXsize, initYsize, 0, x, y)
where x and y are the coordinates where you would like the GUI to open on your setup.

I do not foresee many more updates to these scripts, so you will not need to do these edits regularly.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:28 AM   #67
EvilDragon

That could do, I guess!

I'll do that once you push the latest updates
Old 06-18-2017, 04:43 AM   #68
EvilDragon

By the way, just reading the ReaScript API... says this for gfx.dock:

"If wx-wh specified, additional values will be returned with the undocked window position/size"

Does this mean that gfx.dock can return the current undocked position of the script window? If so, then perhaps those values can be stored (much like how you said that checkbox for remove redundant events can be remembered), then THAT used for positioning the script GUI via gfx.init?
Old 06-18-2017, 06:27 AM   #69
juliansader

Quote:
By the way, just reading the ReaScript API... says this for gfx.dock:

"If wx-wh specified, additional values will be returned with the undocked window position/size"

Does this mean that gfx.dock can return the current undocked position of the script window? If so, then perhaps those values can be stored (much like how you said that checkbox for remove redundant events can be remembered), then THAT used for positioning the script GUI via gfx.init?
Wow, thanks! This actually works! I will incorporate it into the next update, and also into some of the other scripts.

Other functions such as gfx.clienttoscreen only return the coordinates of the window interior, ignoring the window decorations/borders, but gfx.dock returns the coordinates of the window *with* its border, which can then be used by gfx.init.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:35 AM   #70
EvilDragon

Awesomeness!

So now, basically EVERY script that has a GUI can store its position? That's brilliant

(Too bad there seems to be no way to tell GetUserInput to position itself wherever the hell we want it to be... it always goes to the middle of the screen, which for me is unfortunately right smack down the middle across two monitor bezels, ehhh!)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:27 AM   #71
juliansader

LFO Tool (MIDI version) new features:

v2.11:
* New "Smoothing" slider that offers additional curve-tweaking possibilities.

v2.21:
* Option to skip redundant CCs.
* GUI window will open at last-used screen position.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #72
EvilDragon

Brilliant, thank you for these updates!!
Old 07-31-2017, 11:54 PM   #73
EvilDragon

Julian, could you update your LFO Tool script (for track envelopes, not CCs) so that it remembers its position like the MIDI CC LFO scripts, and also works with automation items? (I did it myself by copying the relevant code from MIDI CC LFO scripts, but that will be messed up once a script update is served over ReaPack!) Would make sense to use a different name for extstate, so that it doesn't use the same position as MIDI CC LFO scripts.

As the current LFO Tool script doesn't work with AIs, the idea is if an automation item is selected (or more of them!), it would create the LFO within the AI and going through all selected AIs even, instead of on the underlying envelope. It would also disregard the time selection - selected AIs take precedence, unless time selection falls entirely WITHIN the automation item, perhaps.

How does that sound? Thanks!

Last edited by EvilDragon; 08-01-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:40 AM   #74
EvilDragon

Paging Julian!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #75
juliansader

Quote:
Julian, could you update your LFO Tool script (for track envelopes, not CCs) so that it remembers its position like the MIDI CC LFO scripts
Done in version 1.20.

Quote:
and also works with automation items?
unless time selection falls entirely WITHIN the automation item, perhaps.
Done in today's version 1.30!

EDIT: A little bug fix in v1.40.

Last edited by juliansader; 08-09-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #76
EvilDragon

Awesome, thanks!!

EDIT: Damn, this works really smart, it auto-updates when changing time selection and stuff. Really great!!!

EDIT #2: Donated you a bit for all your efforts. Grab yourself a few beers on me

Last edited by EvilDragon; 08-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:28 PM   #77
Ivannn Bennnettt

Only I have a crash after last update?

that pops up "873: attempt to call a nil value"

w7 64 v5.40
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:37 AM   #78
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivannn Bennnettt View Post
Only I have a crash after last update?

that pops up "873: attempt to call a nil value"

w7 64 v5.40
The new versions of the script (that are compatible with automation items) unfortunately require REAPER v5.50.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #79
Ivannn Bennnettt

Quote:
The new versions of the script (that are compatible with automation items) unfortunately require REAPER v5.50.
yeah I guessed) but on portable doesn't work neither

anyway thank you and keep it up!)
Old 08-25-2017, 05:52 AM   #80
Ivannn Bennnettt

Hi there!

Could you create opportunity save a customs wave shapes and adjust them as native?

And I'd be really glad to LFO tool can remember AI.

Thanks for your time!