Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 06-26-2020, 11:04 AM   #41
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

right click options don't work when you right click the waveform in the media explorer.

1, if you right click on a file, click rename, then cancel,
2, issue - you can't right click on the file that's loaded in the waveform display.
3, browse away to another file, and then browse back.
4, now you can right click on the waveform.
5, click "rename" or "open in browser"
6, issue - you cannot.

mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #42
BirdBird

There is a long running bug where clicking on a sound, scrolling it out of view makes the scroll position jump back to where the sound was when the sound stops playing:

Last edited by BirdBird; 12-27-2020 at 11:12 AM.
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #43
Reno.thestraws

Default Mistake in User manual or Bug?

User Manual :
13.3 Using Track Controls with MIDI
As mentioned in Chapter 5, REAPER's track volume and pan controls by default control a track's audio signals. If
you wish to use these for MIDI instead, you can do so

Unfortunately, when a track fader is link to MIDI, the fader still adjust audio volume passing though the track. Pan is working as expected

I think things should work as written in MANUAL, when fader is MIDI, it should NOT affect audio

and it would allow to use folder parent as VCA lead for children follow
Old 06-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #44
mccrabney

the media explorer filepath display has room for 55 characters. this is quickly exhausted by deep folder dives. could the filepath character limit please be expanded? 100 characters + would be good
Old 06-26-2020, 12:24 PM   #45
mccrabney

1) i'm doing a lot of quick folder hopping of recordings, samples, and mp3s - and the peaks generation can't keep up. it would REALLY help if REAPER could auto-generate peaks in advance/in the background by automatically watching a specified folder for new files. failing that fanciness, a manual action to generate peaks in Media Explorer would suffice

-----

2) one parameter i miss from software like Serato is an indication as to whether the user has played the sample before. a "last accessed" column, or just a checkbox would be awesome.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #46
Klangfarben

Can we at least attempt to stay on topic with the pre discussion? This is getting pretty disrespectful to the devs at this point.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #47
mccrabney

sorry, schwa solicited missing media explorer behaviors in the last pre thread. this led me to more generalized testing/reporting that commonly accompanies such focus shifts. if anything i post is unhelpful, i can delete it - but surely the devs can determine what they consider disrespectful all on their own.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #48
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
sorry, schwa solicited missing media explorer behaviors in the last pre thread. this led me to more generalized testing/reporting that commonly accompanies such focus shifts. if anything i post is unhelpful, i can delete it - but surely the devs can determine what they consider disrespectful all on their own.
They have already made that clear. We just keep ignoring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
As a followup, here are some thoughts on on preferred etiquette for posting in the prerelease threads:

Feature requests: please do not post general feature requests in the pre-release forum. If you have a suggestion DIRECTLY related to the behavior and/or scope of a new feature of the build in question, it is generally polite to post and discuss there.
So maybe we could accommodate them a little better instead of this turning into a free-for-all?
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #49
mabian

News about the lost project:

1) Even the .rpp-bak file saved automatically 8 minutes earlier has the same issue

2) The project loads correctly in recovery mode, of course with all plugins offlined

3) Switching all plugins from offline to active after loading in recovery mode doesn't hang, so I get back the project.

4) Moving the reference tracks away so that REAPER doesn't find them does not solve the problem, so the fact that the loading panel stays with the reference track message is probably just because it's the last thing it's loading. I would speculate that some kind of initialization post-loading is actually causing the hang.

Now two minor problems I found with recovery mode (very handy anyway, of course):

a) If I have some FX offlined originally, their status is not remembered in recovery mode (everything becomes offline); it would be nice if the plugins would enter a "disabled" mode when loaded in this mode instead. So, by re-enabling them, they can restore their original state in the project, just like is happening now - correctly - with bypass.

b) (very minor) - After loading the project, the "plugins not found" window shows renamed plugins only with their new name; it's good that in the project-bay they are shown with their real name so that, in case they must be installed, they can be recognized.
Maybe, both in the "not found" panel and in the project-bay, both the new name and the original plugin names should be displayed.

EDIT: just saw the reminder about what to post and not to post.
While I think that something in this version is causing the problem on my project, I'll post the other topics in the FR forum.

Thanks,
Mario

P.S. Let me know if you want to take a look at the project to understand why it hangs on loading.
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #50
mabian

The project is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MUO...ew?usp=sharing

The previous version that loads with no issues was saved with 6.12+dev0622:

<REAPER_PROJECT 0.1 "6.12+dev0622/x64" 1592867682

- Mario
Old 06-26-2020, 02:32 PM   #51
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post
There is a long running bug where clicking on a sound, scrolling it out of view makes the scroll position jump back to where the sound was when the sound stops playing:
Do you have "Options/Auto-advance to next file after preview" enabled?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #52
EvilDragon

OK something weird just started happening. Not sure if it's Intel graphics driver update or not, but somehow, all the SWS dialogs (OK/Cancel/error dialogs) etc. started showing on my secondary screen (right) instead of my primary (left). It used to all show up on the left. I went to identify the monitors and it's indeed 1 - left, 2 - right as it was before.

Trying to find if any Reaper OK/cancel/whatever error/query dialog behaves the same.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Yep, any ReaScript prompts also open on secondary instead of primary screen. Regardless of how I set "Modal window positioning" option in Advanced UI/system tweaks.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #53
BirdBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Do you have "Options/Auto-advance to next file after preview" enabled?
Enabling/Disabling the option does not seem to affect the behaviour, scroll position jumps in both cases.

With a bit more testing I have realized that it happens if you scroll the sound out of view after clicking on it under a certain amount of time. (So my first observation of it happening when the sound stops playing was wrong)
Old 06-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #54
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabian View Post
The project is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MUO...ew?usp=sharing

The previous version that loads with no issues was saved with 6.12+dev0622:

<REAPER_PROJECT 0.1 "6.12+dev0622/x64" 1592867682

- Mario
If it loads in FX-offline mode, we probably can't do much with it.

What would be useful, if REAPER hangs, is to generate a dump file by opening the task manager, right clicking on REAPER, and choosing "Create Dump File". Then zip it, post it somewhere, send a link to support at cockos dot com (keep it private!). Thanks!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:44 PM   #55
PitchSlap

Is the removal of Windows Explorer functionality about making it the same across platforms?

Years ago when asking why SWS etc. couldn't help with ME requests, I was told it was because its an add on feature, is that still the case even though there's no longer the option to not install it?

Last edited by PitchSlap; 06-26-2020 at 11:49 PM.
PitchSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:12 AM   #56
EvilDragon

Yes it's still an extension.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:08 AM   #57
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
v6.12+dev0625 - June 25 2020[*]+ System: fix potential crashes due to high socket use on macOS and Linux [t=238309]
Amazing. I’ve been having these random csurf crashes for years but could never troubleshoot them properly as they were random. Is this what this is about?
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #58
mabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
If it loads in FX-offline mode, we probably can't do much with it.

What would be useful, if REAPER hangs, is to generate a dump file by opening the task manager, right clicking on REAPER, and choosing "Create Dump File". Then zip it, post it somewhere, send a link to support at cockos dot com (keep it private!). Thanks!
All done, thank Justin!
As a side note, I don't think I have damaged file, because if so I could load the 8-minutes earlier rpp-bak.
At least if it's a plugin doing bad it would be great knowing which one it is (if I had to blindly bet, I would go on ARA/Melodyne...)

Thanks again,
Mario
Old 06-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #59
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
OK something weird just started happening. Not sure if it's Intel graphics driver update or not, but somehow, all the SWS dialogs (OK/Cancel/error dialogs) etc. started showing on my secondary screen (right) instead of my primary (left). It used to all show up on the left. I went to identify the monitors and it's indeed 1 - left, 2 - right as it was before.

Trying to find if any Reaper OK/cancel/whatever error/query dialog behaves the same.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Yep, any ReaScript prompts also open on secondary instead of primary screen. Regardless of how I set "Modal window positioning" option in Advanced UI/system tweaks.

So... no ideas?