Old 02-11-2022, 03:44 PM   #1
xpander
Human being with feelings

Default v6.47 - February 11 2022

v6.47 - February 11 2022: : In favor of any flan-related tagline

+ Actions: improve performance with large numbers of custom actions
+ Actions: increase maximum number of custom actions/reascripts
+ Actions: improve sizing behavior of actions window with langpack-adjusted button sizes
+ CPU metering: add option (FX chain and performance meter menus) to view CPU utilization as 1.0c = one core fully utilized
+ Envelopes: do not select following envelope point when deleting via mouse click [t=262564]
+ Glue: improve handling of fades that overlap with other items [p=2519694]
+ JSFX: fix Volume Adjustment plugin smoothing the first playback block [p=2521345]
+ macOS: improve performance of bridged plug-ins
+ macOS: refresh various controls when switching to/from dark mode [p=2517137]
+ macOS: run media/anticipative FX worker threads in realtime/audio workgroup if Time Critical priority is set (may be useful for M1 Pro CPUs)
+ macOS: fix Cmd+A in metadata edit, explorer, and track manager fields
+ Markers: fix importing markers from .csv when marker names contain quotation marks [p=2524419]
+ Media explorer: add customizable toolbar
+ Media explorer: move "insert media", "auto-play", "start on bar" controls to default toolbar
+ Media explorer: actions to tempo match half-speed or double-speed act as toggles
+ Media explorer: action to show media properties will display properties for last selected item if there is no current preview media
+ Media explorer: add action to show/hide toolbar
+ Media explorer: add optional media information box
+ Media item properties: double-click always resets take volume to unity or pan to center
+ Media item properties: prevent normalize button from creating multiple windows
+ Media items: add action to calculate loudness of selected items not including FX or track settings
+ Media items: don't display render window VU meters when calculating loudness of selected items via dry run render
+ Menus/Toolbars: replace Save/Close buttons with OK/Cancel/Apply
+ Metadata: support encoding of very long/complex metadata strings in projects [p=2522469]
+ MIDI: handle splits and edge adjustments properly when MIDI items span partial measures [t=260847]
+ MIDI editor: move edit cursor on actions to navigate to previous/next note
+ MIDI editor: improve non-synchronized playback behavior when changing project tempo
+ MIDI learn: revert to pre-6.37 behavior of allowing targeting non-visible FX parameters [t=260737]
+ Notation editor: fix scrub mouse mapping [t=218135]
+ Playback: disable monitor signal fade-out on stop when preferences are configured to play FX tails on stop
+ Project bay: fix display of shell VST3 plug-ins loaded by UID16 [t=262265]
+ Razor edits: display envelope value when editing, in addition to % change [t=262983]
+ Razor edits: fix inadvertently setting envelope point shape to linear on toggle envelopes [p=2525258]
+ ReaScript: add midi_init() which allows re-initialization of single MIDI devices
+ ReaScript: improve GetMediaFileMetadata() support for long strings
+ ReaScript: MIDI_GetEvt/Note/CC/TextSysexEvt with negative event index now return false
+ ReaScript: support longer input to GetSetProjectInfo_String("RENDER_METADATA") [p=2521173]
+ Render: add checkbox to only normalize files that are too loud [t=261667]
+ Render: add menu items (under render dialog stats button) to change which render statistics are displayed
+ Render: allow trailing spaces in directory names on macOS/Linux [t=262788]
+ Render: fix reset of normalization mode/channel count when undoing certain actions (6.43 regression) [t=262585]
+ Render: preserve very long metadata when rendering [p=2524169]
+ Resampling: fix incorrect processing at end of item in r8brain free mode [t=262303]
+ Theme: improve display of 4 digit track numbers when using default theme
+ Undo: fix undo of markers edited in ripple all and various nudge actions [t=262028]
+ Video: add project_timeoffs variable
+ Video: fix incorrect restart of peaks building when editing project during peaks build [t=262058]
+ Video: improve text overlay preset (can also display timecode, add fit background to text parameter, change defaults)
+ Volume readouts: better distinguish between values very close to 0dB and 0dB exactly
+ WALTER: add trackidx (0 is master, 1 is first track, <0 is unknown/invalid), ntracks (<0 if invalid) for track contexts
+ Windows: fix signing of 32-bit executables and include git revision in win32 build
+ Windows: prevent opening multiple "set media item playback rate" dialogs
+ Windows: output usage help to stdout (if available) as well as displaying in a popup window
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:26 PM   #2
Bruceqld

Having migrated happily from several other DAW's I have used for the past 30 years, my mind is blown every update when I download the tiny installer for Reaper and run it. 10 seconds of my life well spent. Thanks devs!
Bruceqld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:27 PM   #3
lizzard

+ Menus/Toolbars: replace Save/Close buttons with OK/Cancel/Apply

Please explain OK cancel and apply

It means different things in different software

Cancel or apply ...... save or cancel should be the end of it .

Are there 3 choices ?
Please correct me if I am wrong .

I also posted this in 6.46 by mistake
lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:47 PM   #4
EpicSounds

just like the preferences window

OK saves and closes window

Cancel closes window without saving

Apply saves changes without closing.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
schwa
Administrator

OK/Cancel/Apply is common in a lot of software, there are even design guidelines about the order of the buttons. OK means commit changes and close the window. Cancel means discard unsaved changed and close the window. Apply means commit changes but do not close the window.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 07:51 PM   #6
Paul Eye

Well, as it is now, when you press the Apply button, the OK button is greyed out. This is, if not exactly confusing, at least a bit distracting. I'd expect the OK button to be active in this case, as it does in Windows dialogs aswell. The button sequence Apply->Cancel to save and exit the editor is just weird.

As a side note, it feels like REAPER starts up even faster now than before (which already was way faster than many other programs I use)
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 04:47 AM   #7
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Eye View Post
Well, as it is now, when you press the Apply button, the OK button is greyed out. This is, if not exactly confusing, at least a bit distracting. I'd expect the OK button to be active in this case, as it does in Windows dialogs aswell. The button sequence Apply->Cancel to save and exit the editor is just weird.
Agreed that's not ideal. We'll change it so the OK button is always enabled.
Old 02-12-2022, 05:27 AM   #8
Dr Bob

Thanks for fixing the project bay display bug . BTW it wasn't just Waves VST3, my very old 32-bit waveshells also borked! You fixed that too. Thanks.

dB
Dr Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:13 AM   #9
MRMJP

I just updated. Does anybody know what these little white flags at all the edit points are and where the setting is to turn them off? Whatever it is must have defaulted to on now with the new update. I don't remember seeing them before.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:35 AM   #10
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Agreed that's not ideal. We'll change it so the OK button is always enabled.
Also in the render window... there is no OK... I want to Apply it is named Save settings), and then OK to close the window because I render from a script using the saved settings.... so it is confusing to save setting sand then have to Cancel to close the window.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:40 AM   #11
EpicSounds

@MRMJP
those are snap offsets and they've always been there. you can change the color in the theme tweaker.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:52 AM   #12
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Also in the render window... there is no OK... I want to Apply it is named Save settings), and then OK to close the window because I render from a script using the saved settings.... so it is confusing to save setting sand then have to Cancel to close the window.
In the render dialog, the button that behaves like the OK button typically does is labeled "render", which isn't what you want in this case. What you want is "save settings and close without rendering", but this use case is specialized enough that I think it makes more sense to leave your workflow as "save settings" + "cancel."
Old 02-12-2022, 10:04 AM   #13
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
@MRMJP
those are snap offsets and they've always been there. you can change the color in the theme tweaker.
Thanks. I’m not sure why they are jumping out at me now. Maybe they used to be a darker grey color.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:17 AM   #14
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
In the render dialog, the button that behaves like the OK button typically does is labeled "render", which isn't what you want in this case. What you want is "save settings and close without rendering", but this use case is specialized enough that I think it makes more sense to leave your workflow as "save settings" + "cancel."
ok I understand.
It could also change the "Cancel" button text to "Close" if you just saved settings, and there are not new changed settings to cancel. But it is ok. I'm used to press cancel now.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:21 PM   #15
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
Thanks. I’m not sure why they are jumping out at me now. Maybe they used to be a darker grey color.
By default they are darker if they have not been moved and change lighter if moved from the start of the item. Your example seems to show both cases. You can click on those small triangles to see if there's any snap offset and drag from there to adjust them if needed.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:18 PM   #16
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
By default they are darker if they have not been moved and change lighter if moved from the start of the item. Your example seems to show both cases. You can click on those small triangles to see if there's any snap offset and drag from there to adjust them if needed.
Thanks. I'll check into this tomorrow. Technically mine have never been moved. What I do is highlight part of an item, open that section in an external editor, make the edit and save, and the toggle back to REAPER. I never manually move any files or crossfade points.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:01 AM   #17
MRMJP

Here's a screen shot from a session that was just created today using 6.47.

I'm not sure why some of the snap offsets are white and some are darker grey. None of them have been moved or touched by me. They seem to be auto-created when I open a copy of that section in an external editor (RX9).

Seems kind of like a bug that I don't recall seeing in earlier versions. it would be great if they were all the darker color.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #18
EpicSounds

Media item properties:
double-click always resets take volume to unity or pan to center

should the volume and pan handles move when double-clicking? They don't here until I press apply (but not always), but I do see the numbers change. If intentional, it looks wrong.

https://youtu.be/0BZy_yT311U
Old 02-13-2022, 05:56 PM   #19
MRMJP

Quote:
Media item properties:

should the volume and pan handles move when double-clicking? They don't here until I press apply (but not always), but I do see the numbers change. If intentional, it looks wrong.

https://youtu.be/0BZy_yT311U
Also, seeing this here.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #20
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Media item properties:

Fixed for the next build!
Old 02-14-2022, 08:23 AM   #21
EpicSounds

Tutorial for these new features

https://reaperblog.net/2022/02/647-update/

https://youtu.be/NfGEs_Jaa3M

Old 02-14-2022, 11:06 AM   #22
karoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
improve performance with large numbers of custom actions
Thanks so much for this, it's a massive improvement on my old machine.
karoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #23
Tod

Quote:
Thanks a lot Jon, there was a lot of good stuff in that video.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote