Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #1
Infomaniac95
Human being with feelings

Default Hanging notes using the "Single-channel items on multiple tracks" option (FIXED)

Ever since I switched to REAPER, from FL Studio, I have found a bug that affects both VSTs, and hardware modules, that I believe should be fixed. Below is a description of the issue, with the file in question being linked, as well:

Channel 7 (imported as Track 8), a Trumpet, has hanging notes when imported using the "Single-channel items on multiple tracks" option. When imported using the "Multichannel item on a single track" option, this bug is not present, but it is no longer possible to record stems for each individual channel, which is what I normally do, when recording, using my SC-55 MKII hardware module. Exporting the MIDI from the "Multichannel item on a single track mode", and importing it using "Single-channel items on multiple tracks" does not fix the issue, either.

The MIDI file being used can be downloaded from here, if you wish to look closer at it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...45_Options.mid

This bug affects other songs I have tried as well, with this song being the most recent example. If more example files are needed, I will send them, if requested. This bug has resulted in me having to scrap several tracks, at this point, and I would like for it to be fixed, if at all possible.
Infomaniac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:07 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Thanks, fixing!

Last edited by Justin; 02-13-2022 at 11:08 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:34 AM   #3
Infomaniac95

Thank you so much for looking into this bug! I've ran into this issue with two other files, as well, with the same behavior. Would it help if I also sent those two files, as well?
Old 02-14-2022, 09:27 AM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomaniac95 View Post
Thank you so much for looking into this bug! I've ran into this issue with two other files, as well, with the same behavior. Would it help if I also sent those two files, as well?
Shouldn't be necessary, but we'll have a test build for you to use shortly to confirm that it fixes for all of them!
Old 02-14-2022, 09:29 AM   #5
Infomaniac95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Shouldn't be necessary, but we'll have a test build for you to use shortly to confirm that it fixes for all of them!
Excellent! I'm actually currently in the process of recording a track right now, and I've had the bug occur on 3 different channels, in the very same track, so I very much look forward to testing out a new build with the bug fixed! Though I must ask, where can one find test builds?
Old 02-14-2022, 12:31 PM   #6
clepsydrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomaniac95 View Post
Though I must ask, where can one find test builds?
Head over to the pre-release forum: https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

...see specifically this post.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:37 PM   #7
Infomaniac95

While the update didn't fix existing project files, it DID fix any new ones, as I can't hear the bug, anymore. I think I should be able to copy the sequence data from a new import, and paste it into the old project file. Thank you so much for fixing this issue! If I notice an instance of it not being fixed, ill be sure to report back to here.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:11 PM   #8
Infomaniac95

Sorry for the double post! The hanging notes bug is still occurring in the first file I ever noticed the bug in. Below is a link to said MIDI file:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...58/OUTSIDE.MID

The following channels are effected by the bug:

Accordian - Channel 11
Banjo - Channel 12

While the other tracks from before no longer have the hanging notes bug, this specific file still has it. It works fine in other MIDI players, but not REAPER, as things currently stand.

EDIT: I have some Audio examples of Channel 11, the "Accordian", as the MIDI calls it. First is audio from REAPER, with the bad hanging notes bug, and second is audio recorded using Sekaiju, with the correct behavior.

Bad (REAPER): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._bad_audio.ogg
Good (Sekaiju): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...good_audio.ogg

Last edited by Infomaniac95; 02-14-2022 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:02 PM   #9
Justin
Administrator

Thanks, hopefully these will be fixed in tomorrows dev build!
Old 02-15-2022, 02:24 PM   #10
Infomaniac95

Chiming in to report that the hanging notes on the Outside song are all fixed on the latest build, and that the Options track I sent before is still fixed, as well. I even went back to check metblast.mid (otherwise known as Metal Mosh), which I previously observed to have hanging notes. Despite not having reported that song here, it's hanging notes have also been fixed! I don't think this bug will be pestering me any further, and I am beyond grateful to have them resolved.