audio cutting out and other strange behavior
lately when I've been using reaper the sound cuts out of various tracks (it doesn't seem to discriminate between vsts etc). no pops or errors- it just stops. midi tracks seem more effected by this than audio. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, upgrading etc but nothing seems to work. it usually happens after I've spent a couple hours on a tune. I can "fix" it by restarting reaper but after it does it once in the project file it only takes about a minute to do it again, making bouncing songs a real pain.
this was pretty weird, but today it just got weirder when I deleted certain midi sections only to find out they they still play. it doesn't matter if I change the vsti.
I'm using the latest 64 bit version on windows 7, if anyone could point me in the right direction to fixing this that would be marvelous