Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
ddubbz1979
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default Buffer sample rate won't change ASIO4ALL

Reaper is telling me 512 smpls 16/14 ms latency no matter what i slide the buffer rate to in ASIO4ALL configuration. Anyone run into this or possibly have a fix.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Reaper 4.22 32 bit
ASIO4ALL 2.11 Beta
ddubbz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
danfuerth
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,824
Default

Hi there, since I am running asio4all sometimes ie. edirol Fa101 + onboard card or PH HD 500 Together

In reaper preferences audio

Make sure Asi4all is seto to resample to 48 khz
Force driver to 16 bit
and do not use hardware buffer on there

First set asi4all to 1024, then on reaper audio, change your asio driver to something else on the list, then choose the asio4all again and see if reaper has set asi4all sync out + in mode

If you are still getting the mismatch then it is a hardware problem ie. Asi4all does not like the clock timing
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
ddubbz1979
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default

what is clock timing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuerth View Post
Hi there, since I am running asio4all sometimes ie. edirol Fa101 + onboard card or PH HD 500 Together

In reaper preferences audio

Make sure Asi4all is seto to resample to 48 khz
Force driver to 16 bit
and do not use hardware buffer on there

First set asi4all to 1024, then on reaper audio, change your asio driver to something else on the list, then choose the asio4all again and see if reaper has set asi4all sync out + in mode

If you are still getting the mismatch then it is a hardware problem ie. Asi4all does not like the clock timing
ddubbz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
danfuerth
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,824
Default

Hi, sometimes cards don't play nice with each other, hence they wont synch up, so the daw will report different latency for in and out which is not good at all, the in and out should be the same
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
ddubbz1979
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default

its a realtek hd soundcard. can i swap it out to correct this? or could it be my usb interface? just bought a new computer to solve a lot of my issues and here we go again. recording without monitoring is fine. but when i monitor a plugin its a hair behind at 16 ms.
ddubbz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
danfuerth
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,824
Default

Hi,

question
Why are you using asio4all ? Are you wanting to combine your sound card + the usb interface?

question
Your USB interface should have an ASIO driver which can be set in reaper preferences audio section?

question

What USB interface do you have.. brand & model?
reply back
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
ddubbz1979
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default

I am using lexicon alpha interface and it does have its own driver but shows much greater latency than asio4all. Thats why im using it. Ive also seen a directxfullduplex driver although im not sure what it is. I do believe it was downloaded with the usb device drivers. Asio4all is usually the goto regardless of usb isnt it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuerth View Post
Hi,

question
Why are you using asio4all ? Are you wanting to combine your sound card + the usb interface?

question
Your USB interface should have an ASIO driver which can be set in reaper preferences audio section?

question

What USB interface do you have.. brand & model?
reply back
ddubbz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
danfuerth
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,824
Default

Something is very weird with these drivers.

Now way they can only give you 16 ms of latency that is insanely high.

Checking the drivers.....


But yes Asio4all is the one driver that works everytime, weather it's firewire or usb or onboard.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
ddubbz1979
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default

thank you for your help on this. ive been trying to record guitar tracks for 6 songs for two weeks while trying out reaper for the first time and i keep running into walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuerth View Post
Something is very weird with these drivers.

Now way they can only give you 16 ms of latency that is insanely high.

Checking the drivers.....


But yes Asio4all is the one driver that works everytime, weather it's firewire or usb or onboard.
ddubbz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
danfuerth
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,824
Default

It sucks I know, but sometimes things have to be done manually , meaning selling something and buying another to get rid of problems.

Look at me I have an Edirol Fa101 firewire interface that had latency about 5 ms ( using the drivers from edirol). I ran it like that for 2 years before I had enough of it and was about to sell it, due to Me needing lower latencies for guitar work as for midi VSti 5 ms is good enough. But for guitar 5 ms is way to high, something in the 3 ms is better for playing live FX VSt's( amplitube and others). So in the end I decided to take a look at the drivers, reg settings for the interface, and see what settings they had inside the INF install files. This is how I solved the mystery of the FA101 with setting change after change, probably 2 months testing i came up with 3 different reg entries,as it turns out Edirol stores all the card's settings ( the secret ones) right in the registry but it's hard to find it in there. Now with 3 different reg entries i can go to 5 ms, to 2.5 ms and down to 1.5 ms and rock solid stable. All I have to do is power off / on the Fa101 when after the reg entries.

I bought another one by the way, just as a backup. Now this interface is getting to work not just sit around collecting dust.

here is me with my guitar straight into the guitar in on the edirol fa101 then into reaper running Jamvox VST 2.5 edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxDj0og7h8

Last edited by danfuerth; 05-06-2012 at 09:47 PM.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.