Old 05-19-2017, 01:43 AM   #241
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by silar View Post
Geoff,

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated! How do I go about mapping this to use for punch in recording?
Just checked the source code for the stock MCU plugin from Reaper and it does not implement handlers for those MIDI messages.

Can't check Klinkes right now, but I know he based his on the original and unless he added support it's probably not in his either.

I based this one on the original as well, it is VERY different from Klinke's but it has support for punch in: http://stash.reaper.fm/v/11712/WaddMCUC4.zip

90 67 7f -- Switch B on - selected channel record arm enabled
90 67 00 -- Switch B off - selected channel record arm disabled

You could install it just to test if you wished.

If you're willing to wait, this will be fully supported in the new open source Control Surface Integration project, but that's a few months from a beta: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Old 05-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #242
silar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Just checked the source code for the stock MCU plugin from Reaper and it does not implement handlers for those MIDI messages.

Can't check Klinkes right now, but I know he based his on the original and unless he added support it's probably not in his either.

I based this one on the original as well, it is VERY different from Klinke's but it has support for punch in: http://stash.reaper.fm/v/11712/WaddMCUC4.zip

90 67 7f -- Switch B on - selected channel record arm enabled
90 67 00 -- Switch B off - selected channel record arm disabled

You could install it just to test if you wished.

If you're willing to wait, this will be fully supported in the new open source Control Surface Integration project, but that's a few months from a beta: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Thanks! For now, I've went into the keyboard/interface mapping for the actions using the '?' and found Transport:Record, and it picked it up through midi. Not sure if that's what I really want for punch in recording though.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #243
silar

I decided to take some time and play around with the different mappings and settings within the Icon QCon Pro to see if I could figure out which mapping works best with which controller plugin.

Pretty much, with the Icon QCon Pro firmware V1.16, the absolute best setup for Reaper is with the Klinke MCU plugin 0.6.4.1 and the Logic Pro setting within the unit. This goes for both the main unit and the extender that I have. The 'Reaper' setting within the unit is not mapped properly for the 'Automation' section on the main controller, but the 'Logic Pro' is and it works great!

One thing I was trying to do on the controller was to map the F1 button to 'Freeze Stereo', the F2 button to 'Freeze Mono', and the F5 button to 'Unfreeze track'. It just wasn't working at all since the 'F' buttons are setup for markers... Then as I was playing around, I pressed the 'Control' button and noticed that it stayed lit. I went back into the actions menu and tried mapping the freeze actions again, and VOILA! They were able to be mapped exactly as I wanted as midi shortcuts!!! Man.. That just absolutely made my day!

There are a few buttons I am not sure what they are doing, if anything at all. They are the 'Marker', 'Nudge', 'Replace', and 'Solo'. Also, not sure exactly what the 'CMD/ALT', 'Lock', 'Flip', 'Group', or 'Instrument' do. They do not affect the way I use this controller, but if anyone knows what they do, please let me know.

The 'Drop' button cycles through the record mode which I thought was nice.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:00 AM   #244
silar

Apparently they have released both a V1.17 and V1.19 version of the firmware. They have a link for patch notes for 1.19, but it doesn't work so not sure what the changes are right now.

I decided to go ahead and update the firmware to 1.19 and everything seems to be fine using Klinke 0.6.4 with the controllers set to Logic Pro mode.