Old 05-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #41
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
"An inkjet printer and a pen are the same things, there is nothing an inkjet printer can do that pens cant"
They both have their own place and their own strengths, but are similar in the same way that a Guitar is similar to Reaper.
WARNING! Do not insert this device in your nasal or oral orifices.

So there are in fact things that both an inkjet printer and a pen are NOT recommended/advised for...

Old 05-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #42
Alxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
I'd be ok with having some kind of action that can send a sample from the arrangement into a third-party sampler, like TAL Sampler or Kontakt.

There's a host of features that are desired for the native sampler.
For sample-based midi production, it's currently best to use a third-party sampler.

What I do now is use an action to view a selected media item in the Media Explorer. That way, I can drag from the Media Explorer to the sampler and not have to duplicate the sample a second time (being that I have Reaper copy samples to project directory upon importing to arrangement.

I'd prefer to simply use an action to have my sample quickly sitting in TAL Sampler or Kontakt (quicker), but I'm appreciative still.

I don't know if it's be said here before but you can ctrl+alt+ drag your sample into your sampler directly from reaper's timeline.

I do most of my choping and stretching in reaper then i drag the slices into Battery 3 to play them on my midi keyboard.
Alxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #43
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxi View Post
I don't know if it's be said here before but you can ctrl+alt+ drag your sample into your sampler directly from reaper's timeline.

I do most of my choping and stretching in reaper then i drag the slices into Battery 3 to play them on my midi keyboard.
yep, I said this, but the answer was that it generates many "rendered" wave files... I understand that this is not ideal.