Old 03-05-2017, 05:57 AM   #81
zvukofor
Human being with feelings
 
zvukofor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
well no problem. It seems, reaper just can't react to external osc commands. It can learn them but not give them back. So Binder may work cause it uses the OSC commands reaper understands. Using other commands brings the problems. A reaper user told me this on facebook. The thing is, I wanted to create a new interface with specific controls for each song part. Therefore it's difficult to take the default osc commands.
It is difficult to have a really nice general controller without using default Reaper OSC patterns/commands.
The reason —*no feedback. Well, almost no feedback. OK for learned parameters, not working with commands (we stilll have no feedback for track "flip phase", for example). So, it is definitely possible to make a custom control for custom setup, i've made a couple of this.
zvukofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #82
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 277
Default light-speed OSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Just started trying out binder and it's been amazing so far. will totally send you donation if you're up for that!

EDIT: The below issue doesn't seem to be there any more now that I've disabled AC-7 and RTP midi over network stuff so that's a relief!

Testing binder 2 just now and I'm getting severe lag (lack of responsiveness) once there are a few lanes of FX parameter automation going on.

Could this be because I'm not "ad hoc" with my wifi or is it more likely firewall issues?

It could also be because I have AC-7 also setup in reaper and probably sending over the network at the same time (I'll try turning this off)

I'll try some stuff out but just in case there's a quick solution.

I'd be happy not to send track levels if that made it faster.
Hi mbn' (and everyone!),

Did you try studiomux, for osc over usb? If you're having latency issues still (any way to get measurements, re roundtrip?)

wondered what kinds of amazing lemur & touchosc reaper surfaces you'd engineered...

thanks!
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #83
knadles
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Default Track monitoring?

zvukofor,

Just to clarify, when you say track monitoring, does that mean Binder displays track metering?

I tried Touch OSC and it appears that the Logic layout does not display metering. I keep my computer and interface in a separate room, and I can't see my computer screen. Metering is a key component of what I'm looking for.

I ask because a) Lemur is $25, and I've spent enough money on "solutions" that through no fault of their own didn't do what I thought they would, and b) it appears Lemur may no longer be in active development (latest update Dec. 2015). Before I spend the money on Lemur, I want to be sure your Reaper interface does what I need.

Thanks!

Peter
knadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #84
zvukofor
Human being with feelings
 
zvukofor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knadles View Post
zvukofor,

Just to clarify, when you say track monitoring, does that mean Binder displays track metering?

I tried Touch OSC and it appears that the Logic layout does not display metering. I keep my computer and interface in a separate room, and I can't see my computer screen. Metering is a key component of what I'm looking for.

I ask because a) Lemur is $25, and I've spent enough money on "solutions" that through no fault of their own didn't do what I thought they would, and b) it appears Lemur may no longer be in active development (latest update Dec. 2015). Before I spend the money on Lemur, I want to be sure your Reaper interface does what I need.

Thanks!

Peter
Yes, Binder has track levels meters and quasi-crextfactor meters on eack channel.
I'm sure you should see it in action, i need to make some video ) just give me a scenario, what i should show in video. Something like this: https://instagram.com/p/BSbTVH3jy95/

Lemur is in normal stage of development, not like those "apps" that has updates every week and nothing new really. Lemur is in it's mature version, but definitely i would like to see a lot of improvements as a lemur-UI developer. I'd like to make a custom-looking knobs, faders, etc.

Last edited by zvukofor; 04-03-2017 at 07:32 AM.
zvukofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #85
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: City
Posts: 9,561
Default

Do you think it's possible to make a track selection screen in a similar way to what Pro Tools Control by Avid has ?

It would be a simple set of rounded rectangles, with the name of the track in the middle, and the track colour as a background to the rectangle.

That would be the primary use of Lemur for me. I'm simply not sure that's possible. If anyone knows how to do this, or has a link to a tutorial for it, please let me know.


The other thing I'm interested in is manipulating a surround panner in Lemur. It would take the form of selected-track control of two specific parameters. I'm trying to figure that one out, but it's a lower priority than track selection.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #86
zvukofor
Human being with feelings
 
zvukofor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Do you think it's possible to make a track selection screen in a similar way to what Pro Tools Control by Avid has ?

It would be a simple set of rounded rectangles, with the name of the track in the middle, and the track colour as a background to the rectangle.

That would be the primary use of Lemur for me. I'm simply not sure that's possible. If anyone knows how to do this, or has a link to a tutorial for it, please let me know.


The other thing I'm interested in is manipulating a surround panner in Lemur. It would take the form of selected-track control of two specific parameters. I'm trying to figure that one out, but it's a lower priority than track selection.
I've planned this kind of selector (though, i've never seen avid remote), but showing track colors are not supported by Reaper now, only names and numbers.

Custom interfaces for any type of plugin are possible, as you can (barely) see in video, i made some for Toneboosters pack and TDR plugins, which i personally use. No problem in making custom surround panner, right now i use (and made an interface for it) a HRTF-based "real-panner" by Toneboosters — Omnisone.
zvukofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:53 AM   #87
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: City
Posts: 9,561
Default

The track colours are worth a feature request. I am inexperienced with OSC though.

What would you ask for to get track colours in to Lemur ?

I am willing to learn, so I'm asking for tips, not for you to do the work for me.
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:30 PM   #88
zvukofor
Human being with feelings
 
zvukofor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
The track colours are worth a feature request. I am inexperienced with OSC though.

What would you ask for to get track colours in to Lemur ?

I am willing to learn, so I'm asking for tips, not for you to do the work for me.
I've sent a request for colors a couple of years ago )))
Still, almost nothing happens for OSC implementation...

All is needed is RGB color number in some format (like "0.85, 1, 0.25"), sent along with track name and number.
zvukofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #89
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: City
Posts: 9,561
Default

I'll make a quick mockup and post it here. Might even do it in the Lemur editor.

I could really use fast access to tracks, so that is a direct need the devs might respond to.

And here it is. This is kinda what I had in mind, plus a little extra group stuff on the left, and a scrollbar at the bottom.

__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom

Last edited by airon; 04-07-2017 at 01:07 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 AM   #90
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: City
Posts: 9,561
Default

I've posted a feature request here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=190567
__________________
Dialogue/FX Editor & Re-Recording Mixer
Using Latch Preview
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #91
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 277
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post

Anyhow, Binder-2 is almost here, only need to write small user's manual/how-to. And, as i promised - it is now possible to have specially designed interfaces for selected track's plugins!


Hey Zvukofor, how's tricks?!
Is Binder 2 still almost here?
If you need any testers etc I'd be happy to help however I can.

Thanks for all your work. I'm thinking about starting a osc repo, where problems and proposals become awesome projects exemplifying reamagic...

kudos Z'
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #92
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 277
Default (newbie seeking clarification) OSC (in reaper 5, 2017!) limitations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
well no problem. It seems, reaper just can't react to external osc commands. It can learn them but not give them back. So Binder may work cause it uses the OSC commands reaper understands. Using other commands brings the problems. A reaper user told me this on facebook. The thing is, I wanted to create a new interface with specific controls for each song part. Therefore it's difficult to take the default osc commands.
Hi, I just wondered if there was something lacking, in either implementation (maybe it's like magic in some other DAW) or functionality (things that can't be done in reaper, that CAN be done elsewhere).

strange question I know, but just spotted this^ and thought I'd try and hit the horses' mouth, hot off the press...

Until proven otherwise, I'm gonna guess no
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.