Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > JSFX and ReaScript Discussion

Old 06-16-2017, 12:39 AM   #201
Anomaly
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
VST versions have lower CPU usage for me. (64-bit Reaper / Windows 7.)

PS. It still says "Stige T." as the plugin author name (not "Sonic Anomaly") in the 64-bit VST version of Transpire, in the Reaper plugin dialog. I did a "clear cache/re-scan" of VST plugins just to be sure, with the DLL downloaded from your site today.
It's strange but I can't reproduce it. I downloaded Transpire from my site and tested it in Reaper and VstHost. Both says "Sonic Anomaly". Also the source project is holding correct info. Both x86 and x64 have been built from the same source.

Could you send me the dll file somehow?
Old 06-16-2017, 04:27 AM   #202
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
Ok, yes that is true. The VST versions GUI is not performing as efficiently as JSFX. But at least the good thing is that the higher load occurs only when the gui is open.
The exception is Transpire which has been developed with different tools.
Ok, thanks for the info.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:31 AM   #203
Bri1

Quote:
Ok, yes that is true. The VST versions GUI is not performing as efficiently as JSFX.
Why is that? does jsfx get quicker access to draw functions than vst,or is there less code to scan in js?
Had a quick session-overall =very impressive! Bow to Crimsonmerry also-
Now that's what I call teamwork 2
-out now.

Did notice some minor scaling when floating-> sizeanom.JPG
Simple,elegant,effective- this=winner_ for me.=)
Well done,lots of love.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #204
Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
Why is that? does jsfx get quicker access to draw functions than vst,or is there less code to scan in js?
Had a quick session-overall =very impressive! Bow to Crimsonmerry also-
Now that's what I call teamwork 2
-out now.

Did notice some minor scaling when floating-> Attachment 31231
Simple,elegant,effective- this=winner_ for me.=)
Well done,lots of love.
Thanks! The VST uses it's own drawing subsystem (not the same as JSFX in Reaper). I suppose JSFX drawing is better optimized.
There is a (built-in) limitation in minimum width of JSFX windows, that's why black areas appear.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #205
JamesPeters

Quote:
It's strange but I can't reproduce it. I downloaded Transpire from my site and tested it in Reaper and VstHost. Both says "Sonic Anomaly". Also the source project is holding correct info. Both x86 and x64 have been built from the same source.

Could you send me the dll file somehow?
I've already messaged Anomaly about this, including how I figured out what was wrong. I'll post the info here in case anyone else has the same problem.

It turns out there was some incorrect data stored in my "reaper-vstrenames64.ini" file. This file (in the Reaper resource path) contains the alias names for the 64-bit plugins. If you decide to alias a plugin with a different name, the data is stored in this file. This file had Transpire on the list specifically aliased to be "Transpire (Stige T.)" even though I had not aliased the plugin's name.

Since there was an older version of Transpire which had the author name "Stige T.", and I "installed" the new version by just dropping the DLL into the VST plugin directory (and letting Windows overwrite it), Reaper must have assumed I was trying to alias the plugin for some reason when it saw the new version. If I had deleted the old version's DLL from the VST plugin directory, restarted Reaper and did a VST plugin scan, then closed Reaper and put the new DLL in the VST plugin directory, I'm guessing this might not have happened.

In any case, deleting the line about Transpire from the "reaper-vstrenames64.ini" file and saving it, fixed the problem. Transpire is now reporting the author's name as Sonic Anomaly.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 06-18-2017 at 10:28 AM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote