Old 03-14-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
NickScottProducer
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Themes on Small Screens

Hi Guys!

I run most of my production from a lenovo yoga 2 laptop. That being said the resolution is 3200x1800. Needless to say-- I'm having issues with the way that reaper not only looks, but also functions. Some of the best, least eye fatiguing themes look VERY bad and simply are missing parameters due to lack of screen size (I reckon). Is there a work around this? Maybe I should buy an external monitor? Or are there some preferences within reaper I can adjust?

Thanks in advance! Cheers.
NickScottProducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
DarkStar

3200 * 1800. How big is the screen? ~13"?

Reaper and most plug-ins use bit-mapped graphics so things will look very small.

Borrow an external monitor with a dot pitch of 250 or more (I reckon the Yoga 2 has a dot pitch of ~180. or take your laptop to the local store and try out a few monitors there.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
16bit

That is a very high resolution, and if it's a typical laptop those are gonna be tiny little pixels.
I have redone elements of the default v4 theme for use on small laptop/netbook screen resolutions of 1024x600.

I think the only way to make a theme look good on such a small but high res screen would be to redraw all of the graphics and make your own theme, or, for an easier solution try and find a way to force change the OS resolution settings. If you could half it 1600x900 you'd be in much better terms and a 2:1 downscale shouldn't look too bad.
16bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
dongiuseppe666

Default theme for small screens

hi all,
anyone had any luck with this? I also run a lenovo yoga and things are ridiculously small. (resolution 3200 x 1800 on 13" screen). I tried changing my computers resolution to 1600x900 looked real bad and things didnt work properly. Has anyone succesfully made a theme for small screens? cheers!
dongiuseppe666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
JamesPeters

You might want to contact the guy making this theme so you can test it:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=164102
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
dongiuseppe666

has no one still figured something out for this? Will reaper ever make an update that fixes this for people running screens with such high resolutions. Im working with a Lenovo Yoga with a resolution of 3200 x 1800 and its literally impossible to work like this..
dongiuseppe666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:24 AM   #7
GaryG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongiuseppe666 View Post
has no one still figured something out for this? Will reaper ever make an update that fixes this for people running screens with such high resolutions. Im working with a Lenovo Yoga with a resolution of 3200 x 1800 and its literally impossible to work like this..
Have you tried enabling the "Scale UI Elements" in Preferences? Then you can specify a scale factor.

Very much intended for this scenario: "This can be useful if you are working with a very high screen resolution." (Reaper manual, p436)
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote