Old 08-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
MikComposer
Human being with feelings

Default Midi summing script or action

Hello,

I just have this idea for a midi summing script, if I didn't missed it. Now, what is it? Basically you select midi items from different tracks, and from that selection a column is created, and then all the items that has been selected sum up in to a new single midi item, which is being created on a track specified trough the actions popup. It could also allow for an option to glue notes to be glued if they are same pitch and next to each other.

Some real life scenario why it would be useful. For example: I like to experiment so I like to jam out and see what cool comes out. And a lot of cool comes out, but it is usually creates quite a bit of harmonic problems; having a lot of those improvised experiments makes it difficult to make sens out of when all are open in midi editor - notes overlap and colours don't help in knowing which item it belongs too. So having that newly generated track would allow for correction of harmony at the basic level ( basic as including octachords, so not in literal sense) and then use that harmonic road map to rewrite some parts that need rewriting, or maybe even split signal from this track in to original tracks for simplicity.

As projects require more and more complex music, it would be a huge help, a great alternative to chord track, or even a fantastic improvement for the chord track itself if such would be implemented in the future ( improvise, sum midi items you want to redo, re-harmonise, and replace or set new chord track part)

Ok, that's all. Thanks

Last edited by MikComposer; 08-13-2016 at 07:20 PM.
MikComposer is offline   Reply With Quote