Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 10-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #1
Pjb12345
Human being with feelings

Default Allen & Heath QU16 and Reaper

Does anyone know how to configure the A&H Qu16 mixer for using with Reaper? Can the mixer control Reaper faders, etc.? I hope I am depicting this correct. I am using a Mac and just purchased the new QU 16 for recording and mixing in a DAW. I have both Reaper and Logic. I like using Reaper but I need help configuring it with the mixer.

Thanks.
Pjb12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
serr

From their webpage:

"Standard MIDI control is tunnelled over the USB connection so you can easily map the faders to the tracks of your favourite DAW. A DAW Control driver is [also] available for easy setup and emulation of HUI or Mackie Control protocols on Mac OS X systems [should you choose to use it that way instead]."

Looks like a simple 'yes' and it's really plug and play.

Reaper is listed ahead of Protools now...
"The interface is class-compliant on Mac OS X – truly plug ‘n play. It will be recognized straightaway by any DAW supporting Core Audio, including Logic, Cubase, Reaper, and Pro Tools."

Haha. Digital mixing board makers are seeing the writing on the wall and turning their mixers into also being straight audio/MIDI interfaces for those of us mixing with a DAW (live or studio). Nice save. I was wondering how this would play out.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Haha. Digital mixing board makers are seeing the writing on the wall and turning their mixers into also being straight audio/MIDI interfaces for those of us mixing with a DAW (live or studio). Nice save. I was wondering how this would play out.

It is a bit of a no-brainer considering the amount of ADC and DAC available and the fact that the faderboard is, in essence, a control surface for the internal computer in a digital board. It would be a waste of asset and resource if any manufacturer didn't make it available.

Look at A&H with their Zed and GSR boards -it's even being built into new analogue consoles

>
Old 10-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Pjb12345

Default QU 16 and Reaper

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I guess I am too old to understand what I am doing. For the life of me, I am missing something when it comes to mapping. I cannot figure out how to setup the faders to control the DAW.

Is there a manual or straight forward step by step instructions from the time you crank up the mixer and Reaper on how to set it up?
Pjb12345 is offline   Reply With Quote