Old 07-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Des Rainey
Human being with feelings

Default Bad echo problem - new!

After a friend upgraded my Reaper there is echo on any voice and guitar I input. a series of echoes, fading away. What change in a reaper setting might have caused this? Thanks. I use Eurorack UB1002, Realtek sound card, Windows Xp....Des Rainey Please keep advice simple as old and getting stupid.
Des Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
jiff 41

Hi Des

Have you got your monitors (speakers)"on" while you record?, if you have headphones you should switch to those & turn monitors off while recording with mics!

There could be lots of other reasons but let's get the ball rolling & eliminate one thing!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
Mathias G

Default Similar difficulty

Greetings!

I wish I had some advice to give for this issue, but unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem.

I am using headphones only, and any VST track (haven't tried any other type) I add has a definite echo, as if there were an echo pedal added to the track. It echos about seven times as it fades out, and the echo delay time is dependent upon the BPM settings of the project.

There are no added effects and it happens with any VST instrument plugin I use. I've tried looking at track routing, and dug through the preferences, but have not been able to eliminate the echo.

Here are my system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 kept current.
Intel i7-2600K Quad-Core CPU @ 3.4GHz
16 GB Corsair DDR3 XMS-3 RAM
MSI Z68A-GD80 G3 Motherboard
HIS Radeon HD 7970 Video Card (3GB)
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Sound Card
Corsiar AX1200 1200W Power Supply
Mathias G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Either...

1. Your X-fi comes with built-in DSP effects and you have inadvertently turned on one of them,

2. You have inserted a delay effect as "Monitoring FX" (check View: Monitoring FX).
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
Mathias G

Default Awesome! Thanks!

Indeed, somehow I had one of my synths with a delay effect on my monitoring FX channel. How I managed to put it there I have no idea, but thank you so much for helping me figure this out!

Kind regards,
-Mathias
Mathias G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
Meloca

Default echo problem

Cannot get single notes(shot), for example a snare to me should sound like paf, one single shot but it actually sound like paf paf, double shot, same for all instruments. Creating a mess when recording. Instead of getting a big thug sound with kicks it like a carboard sound. Very annoying. When i play a wave on Win media player it sounds good. I installed Pro Tools to see if it would be the same, but Pro Tools sound good also. Although it sound bad in Reaper when transforming a recording in .Flac file and play it in Win media player it sounds ok.Looked everywhere, Forum, Reaper tutorials and all Raper menu,U Tube, no luck on finding a solution. It also affects Bias FX sound.

Also deleted all the vst folders and plug-in like Addicte, Slater drums etc... Re-installed Reaper problem persist.

Getting pissed off.

Last edited by Meloca; 03-24-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Adding to reply
Meloca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #7
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Cannot get single notes(shot), for example a snare to me should sound like paf, one single shot but it actually sound like paf paf, double shot, same for all instruments.

hmmm-sounds like your monitoring the input+hearing the same output..which can create feeding back loops when faders are set to 0.
try turning down the track fader,as you will then only hear the source input going to your master output,disabling the feedback effect..>?
it seems to be a common problem..trying to hear fx as they 'record live' +monitor these fx at the same time..tricky..
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #8
Meloca

Default echo problem

Hi

Thx Ollie that was it it was in View - Monitoring FX.

About frigin time i was going crazy, Been working on that for weeks.

Man your a genious.

Thx again.

Meloca
Meloca is offline   Reply With Quote