Old 07-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
studioMT
Human being with feelings

Default Initial Setup

Hi, I downloaded the trial Reaper software and have been using it for several weeks! I love it! It is so easy! However.............

Now that I have bought it, I cannot get it to record. I am sure I am panicking and am missing something rather obvious, as it was no problem using it during the trial.

It could be in the settings, are there any screenshots available, or info that I am missing? I can't remember if I used ASIO or other options, but I have been clicking on everything, and probably have it all messed up. I don't remember having to change anything in the control panel, or really basically anywhere other than on the screen itself. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
studioMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
hopi
Human being with feelings

yeah that is a special feature of reaper... the trial works great but as soon as you buy it.... good luck.

no no just kidding...

most likely the settings you are looking for are in the Preferences for Audio Device and Midi device...

Most likely it is ASIO and then for the ASIO driver supplied by your audio interface... assuming you have one. If you don't then try the WASAPI for audio there...
Old 07-25-2014, 02:08 AM   #3
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioMT View Post
Hi, I downloaded the trial Reaper software and have been using it for several weeks! I love it! It is so easy! However.............

Now that I have bought it, I cannot get it to record. I am sure I am panicking and am missing something rather obvious, as it was no problem using it during the trial.
Out of curiosity (trying to understand why this happens occasionally) - what exactly did you do after getting the license? Did you maybe completely remove REAPER and installed it from scratch or similar?
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote