Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #1
Amether
Human being with feelings

Default MOTU 828 MK II Midi out is all over the place

Before starting on the problem itself, my investigations have so far established...

This is not a REAPER problem. Behaviour is the same when using Studio One.

This is not a general MIDI problem - using my Yamaha USB 1x16 interface, there are no problems at all.

------------The problem------------
MIDI Out via the MOTU 828MKII Midi outs are all over the place, timing wise.

I record MIDI via the MIDI ports built in to the MOTU 828 MK II. Timing is fine.

I then route MIDI to any MIDI device via the 828 (tried a number of samplers, drum machines, keyboards) and the timing is all over the place - totally random, comletely unrecognisable. Most notes don't even get sent.

Curiously, if I open the MIDI editor and *before ever pressing play* I can hit the keyboard at the side of the window and sounds play immediately, as expected. I hit play, and from then on, previewing like this is intermittent and massively laggy (many seconds delay).

I've updated MOTU drivers to the latest version but I'm really at a loss now as to what to do. I should, I suppose go to MOTU with this but as you're such a nice bunch of people I thought I'd ask here first in case anyone else had experienced something similar.
Amether is offline   Reply With Quote