Old 02-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #601
heda
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
great, this works as for creating a new instance. What about having the LOCK button pressed by default? Could you make it an option in Settings? I'd like to avoid remembering to lock the Track Inspector each time I recall it... if possible

g
yes. I see about the lock button not being remembered.
I'll fix that.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:11 AM   #602
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
in this VIP version I see a scrolling wav form at the left side and nothing at the right side... is there an option or something that I need to turn on or off?
Do you have dpmeterII VST3 only installed? There is a menu when you right click in the "meters" button on the top right on the meters. There you see options related to the meters, like show or hide the LUFS meter, or wavefor, or RMS meters, etc. But it should be on by default to show LUFS meters. But LUFS meter needs dpmeterII installed.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #603
hopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Do you have dpmeterII VST3 only installed? There is a menu when you right click in the "meters" button on the top right on the meters. There you see options related to the meters, like show or hide the LUFS meter, or wavefor, or RMS meters, etc. But it should be on by default to show LUFS meters. But LUFS meter needs dpmeterII installed.
Ah thanks I did not know that but now it is installed and things are looking a bit better... have to try to change the settings next

OK great I never would have found that rt clk at the top of the meters but now I see the light!

Last edited by hopi; 02-09-2017 at 06:46 PM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #604
Gianfini

Quote:
yes. I see about the lock button not being remembered.
I'll fix that.
Great! I'll wait for it
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #605
Gianfini

Default bug

Bug here: if you select the LOCK button, every time you save or save as the project... the Lock button unlocks and the track changes...

g
Old 02-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #606
heda

@Gianfini I have made some changes to the lock button in next version 1.3 that I hope to release tomorrow. It will work better and remember locked track for each project. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #607
bFooz

Heda, you could create second full mixer functionality with this!
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #608
Gianfini

Quote:
@Gianfini I have made some changes to the lock button in next version 1.3 that I hope to release tomorrow. It will work better and remember locked track for each project. Thanks!
Super good job!!! I will test it.

g
Old 02-13-2017, 03:09 AM   #609
heda

There will be many new things to read in the changelog for the new version 1.3. Here is a preview gif of the Track Inspector themes support. Each theme save all the settings on the right column, colors, font sizes, etc, and you can manually load/save themes to files, and share them. Each theme can have its own folder with the same name of the theme with the png icon overrides from default theme. And if you have installed a Track Inspector theme with the same name as REAPER theme, it can also automatically load that theme to match REAPER's theme when initializing the script.
It is almost ready now. Some small bugs appeared last minute. No worries, minor things.
Thanks to all new recent VIP members motivated me to keep improving this script!

Last edited by heda; 02-13-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:11 AM   #610
Sumalc

Very promising ! Thank you for V3 theme loving , it's my favorite ;-)
Sumalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #611
loopa

Hi Heda!

I was wondering: Would it be possible to add some settings for what undo points to create by the script?: Especially this one is quickly filling up my undo history which is not so good:
* "Track Inspector Reset EBUR128 meters"

Would it be possible to add a setting so it is not added to the undo history? (I don't use EBUR128 meters I think)

:0)

EDIT: Looking forward to trying out the new version!

Cheers,
Loopa
loopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #612
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumalc View Post
Very promising ! Thank you for V3 theme loving , it's my favorite ;-)
I remembered your screenshots with Default 3.0 theme when I was doing the theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopa View Post
Would it be possible to add a setting so it is not added to the undo history? (I don't use EBUR128 meters I think)
EDIT: Looking forward to trying out the new version!

Cheers,
Loopa
Try this:
Edit the Global options.ini file in the script folder. and change the use_new_reset_functions setting to true and restart the script.
use_new_reset_functions = true
It's experimental, that's why it is not enabled by default. It would be nice if you can test it and report if you find any problem.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #613
Sumalc

Quote:
Yeah! Thank you ;-)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:27 AM   #614
loopa

Quote:

Try this:
Edit the Global options.ini file in the script folder. and change the use_new_reset_functions setting to true and restart the script.
use_new_reset_functions = true
It's experimental, that's why it is not enabled by default. It would be nice if you can test it and report if you find any problem.
Cool, yep now it only creates undo points when you restart the script. That's great . I will let you know if I see any problems. Anything in particular I should be looking at?

Cheers
Loopa
Old 02-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #615
loopa

Hi again! I also noticed that when I switch project tabs: It adds two undo points:
Track Inspector plugins Master On
Track Inspector plugins On

It's not so good because all my projects are put into a modified state whenever I change project tabs so they are all pretty much in a permanent modified state. This means I cannot readily see which projects have actually been modified and need saving. Would it be possible to turn off those undo points too?

Cheers,
Loopa
Old 02-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #616
heda

^
mmm It's not happening to me when I switch to another tab. I wonder why.
Just selecting a new track, even without Track Inspector running, would make the project into a modified state.
But just switching to the project without doing anything, should not make it modified.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #617
heda

Track Inspector v1.3

Changes from previous version:
Quote:
* v1.3pre1 (2017-02-14)
+ Sends: Right click on send bar to Toggle send's volume envelope visibility
+ Sends: ~ button to Toggle send's volume envelope visibility
+ Theming: Track Inspector themes. Change colors and appearance from settings page. Save/Load themes. optionally auto match theme from REAPER theme.
# fix: several font sizes, better font increase looking
# Settings: Settings file "TI_Settings.cfg" is now located in dedicated settings folder. This way you can update without losing your own settings. New settings, if any, automatically added from defaults.
# fix: TI_Settings file saved correctly for new instances id > 2
+ Meters: Option to color meter by track or by loudness ranges defined by Ref level and overs level.
+ Meters: Option to use image file for the meter colors
+ UI: Show/Hide version group button.
# UI: Timebase button now with menu to select the timebase and works for all selected tracks.
# UI: Hide the Lock track button by default, option in menu to show it.
# Change Pan Law works for all selected tracks now.
# Change Pan Mode works for all selected tracks now.
# Performance: read track icon with included API function if using REAPER 5.15+ (faster)
# Listening mode remembers mode when switching.
# fix mouse wheel over meters area could affect controls below meter if meter panel is in fixed height mode.
# fix Envelopes button: make sure only one track selected.
# fix Toggle Env button: support for all selected tracks.
# Improved meter's grid drawing
# fix: hide versions and general panel for master track.
# UI: redesign a bit the general panel.
# Save/Load/Removesaved track gain works for multiple selected tracks.
# CTRL+click fader load button to save value.
# Alt+click fader load button to remove saved value.
# UI: line indication of saved fader value on the fader scale.
# fix: crash if loading fader value without having saved first.
# fix: remember track lock state [&postcount=601]
# fix: use points or commas in Change by dB textbox [&postcount=599]
# many more small bug fixes that I forget to put here
Here is the new version v1.3, just updated in the manager.

Settings page has been improved and all the settings are now stored in another folder "Track Inspector VIP settings" so, the next time you update, you don't lose your settings. Only new settings will be added.
In this new folder, you can also copy the FXGroups.cfg file, and customize the table of auto group names.And you can also store here your custom TI themes. If you create a subfolder with the same name as the TI theme, you can put there the png image files that override default theme images. Look in the Default themes for an example of Track Inspector themes.
The best way to create a new theme is to change all the settings of the second column(the ones that are relative to themes) and then click on save theme to file. And then you can customize the image files if you want too. Copy the originals from the Default_5.0 theme located in Default themes inside Track Inspector VIP folder.

I highly recommend this update, but also make sure you say yes to keep a backup of previous version when updating just in case

Please let me know here if you find any bugs, and read the changelog to see what has been changed/added. For any question, I'm here.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:52 AM   #618
Sumalc

Thank you very much Heda, brilliant work, adaptation to different themes is very aesthetic.
Everything seems to work fine here.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:30 AM   #619
heda

Thanks Sumalc

some more fixes and font adjustments

Quote:
* v1.3pre3 (2017-02-15)
# fix: recently broken prefx meter
# rms peak hold smaller font

* v1.3pre2 (2017-02-15)
# more font and spacing adjustments (fader load button, bottom part, MLMAX SLMAX TPMAX LRANGE.

one question... what would be a popular theme(other than the default themes) that could be interesting to include a TI theme to match by default?
Old 02-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #620
RJHollins

WhiteTie theme?
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:52 AM   #621
loopa

Quote:
^
mmm It's not happening to me when I switch to another tab. I wonder why.
Just selecting a new track, even without Track Inspector running, would make the project into a modified state.
But just switching to the project without doing anything, should not make it modified.

Hi, I replicated this again and it does create those two undo points every time I switch to a new project tab. Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this point? FYI: I have set so the script instance is terminated if I invoke the script again.

Cheers,
Loopa
Old 02-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #622
Gianfini

Quote:
one question... what would be a popular theme(other than the default themes) that could be interesting to include a TI theme to match by default?
Pro X Tools Gold Ed 3.2.1 by AlbertXXX (the one I and many others use), or White Tie

g
Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 AM   #623
G-Sun

Quote:
Default v5 user here
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #624
Klangfarben

Quote:
Putting in a vote for iLogic / iLogic Next by Blankfiles. Right now I'm using iLogic as well as your track inspector and visually it's pretty jarring. Being able to integrate the two better would be brilliant.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:02 AM   #625
srdmusic

Default Logic Next

I second the logic next theme idea. What would it take on my end to help you get the inspect ported over to fit in the Logic next theme layout?
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 AM   #626
G-Sun

1.3pre3: Global visibility tooltip is covering button here

Multiple sends selected:
Would expect bypass to work for all selected, but only one is toggled.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:40 AM   #627
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
1.3pre3: Global visibility tooltip is covering button here

Multiple sends selected:
Would expect bypass to work for all selected, but only one is toggled.
you are right.. I think it happens the it is docked to the right. fixing.

multiple sends bypassing with SHIT+click will be fixed for next pre too. thanks!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #628
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdmusic View Post
I second the logic next theme idea. What would it take on my end to help you get the inspect ported over to fit in the Logic next theme layout?
How to create a Track Inspector theme:

For example to create a custom Logic Next TI theme. Create a folder for example like this: "HeDaScripts/Track Inspector VIP settings/Logic Next" and copy the default_5.0 images found in "HeDaScripts/Track Inspector VIP/Default themes/Default_5.0" to this new folder. You can edit these copies to your liking. You can edit the images to match the ones you have from your REAPER theme. Be aware that you cannot change dimensions of the images.

Now in Track Inspector settings window, change some colors and settings on the second column (the ones related to theme) and click on Save theme to file. Name it Logic Next (same name as the folder)
When you load this theme file Logic next, it will also search for the images in the Logic Next folder. If an image is not found there, it will use to the Default_5.0 theme image.

Custom themes are stored in the Track Inspector VIP settings folder. Not in the Track Inspector VIP folder. Because it gets deleted and updated with new versions on each update, while the settings folder is not touched when you update to preserve all your settings and themes.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #629
heda

Default v1.3pre4 (2017-02-17)

Quote:
* v1.3pre4 (2017-02-17)
+ Freeze: option to Archive/Unarchive children of frozen tracks.
+ New way to create Track Version (Rendering Track stems) It uses mono, stereo, or multchannel as defined in Freeze panel, or auto.
# font fix freeze details
# fix: Set Automation mode working for all selected tracks.
# fix: Bypass send(SHIFT+click) works on all selected sends [&postcount=629]
# fix: tooltip GV button [&postcount=629]
Some more fixes and two new things related to freezing and rendering tracks:

+ Freeze: option to Archive/Unarchive children of frozen tracks.

+ New way to create Track Version (Rendering Track stems)
An alternative way to freezing tracks is by using Track Versions now. There is a new entry in the menu to create a track version, which uses the render to stems and mute originals actions. But instead of muting originals, it archives them as previous versions, and the rendered track is the new version.

As always, let me know if you find any issue, since I didn't have time to beta test this a lot.
Thanks!
Old 02-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #630
heda

Default v1.3pre5 (2017-02-19)

Quote:
* v1.3pre5 (2017-02-19)
+ Option in settings to Render Stems to new track versions with POST-FADER rendering or PRE-FADER as before by default.
# fix: group flags, track color and track icon are copied to new stems rendered track version
# fix: check track version exists before deleting track version when it is in a track group
small things
The new rendered stems now has the same track color, track icon, and track grouping parameters. I use track groupings mostly for VCA master/slaves. so the new rendered track maintains the same VCA slave configuration. This was bothering me so now it is fixed.
Also I've added a new option in settings to define if we want the stems to be rendered as post-fader and reset the fader and pan in the new rendered track.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #631
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

I'm very much looking forward to giving all these updates a run here Hector and I still plan to donate for your VIP versions. It's great to see you so enthusiastic about all this.

I haven't been able to do anything in my studio for the last two weeks though. My air conditioner died two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the landlord to replace it. The temperatures here have been crazy (one day last week peaked at 50C or 122F!!) so it has been too hot in my studio for both me and my gear!!
Old 02-21-2017, 05:12 AM   #632
heda

Default v1.3pre6 (2017-02-21)

Thank you ReaDave
I hope today is less than 50º!! wow I can't imagine how bad it has to be that.

here is another update. It adds a new option to use MonitorFX chain when monitoring the master track. I think it is better than the alternative use premaster track method. Although it is still there, it is recommended that you disable use_premaster and enable use_monitorfx in settings.

To use the monitorFX chain you must also first load the included FXChain in the monitorFX. Open the monitor FX chain and FX Add FX Chain... "FXChains/Track Inspector Monitor FX.RfxChain"
It adds the two effects needed for the meters in Track Inspector.
Configure the input routings for them once and they will be there for all projects since it is part of the monitor FX chain. This depends on how you setup your Control Room. In general you have to route your main stereo outputs to the Track Inspector JSFX, and to dpemeter2.
Now open Track Inspector and go to settings and make sure to enable use_monitorfx in settings.
Now when you switch to Master track, or you use the dedicated Master Track Inspector instance, it will use the monitor FX chain to get the meters data and it won't add any FX to master track, or to premaster track.

Quote:
* v1.3pre6 (2017-02-21)
+ master track inspector: Option to use monitor FX. Use premaster option is still there but it is better to use Monitor FX
# fix: avoid creating wrong hardware output in premaster track
Old 02-24-2017, 04:33 PM   #633
heda

Default v1.3pre8 (2017-02-25)

Quote:
* v1.3pre8 (2017-02-25)
+ Track Inputs option in general panel. (audio mono and stereo inputs, and limited MIDI to all MIDI inputs for now)
+ new instance action dedicated to Float the inspector close to where the mouse cursor is. [?t=188344]
# fix: crash when removing receives
# fix: better handling bypassing plugins on monitorfx chain with Loudness Graph 2.1
# fix: tooltips panels

* v1.3pre7 (2017-02-21)
# fix: some unnecessary undos in pre6
Some support for Track Inputs. It may change, and still doesn't support specific MIDI device or channel, but at least it has all the mono and stereo inputs and All MIDI inputs option. You have to enable it first on the General panel to be shown:

Also a new action: Script: HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating.lua
This is a special instance that will always open floating and close to where your mouse is. As requested here
Old 02-25-2017, 03:49 AM   #634
bFooz

Hi Heda, I have tried to use your Track Inspector for a volume automation in a touch mode, but it is not working properly - the values in the envelope are constantly being switched between the default value and the inspector's fader value. First I thought it is an API limitation but then I tried mpl's Send Fader and it's working ok if the touch mode, so I'm letting you know.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:09 AM   #635
heda

Hi bFooz. Thanks for letting me know. But it is working perfectly for me here. I wonder what is different in your setup.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:34 AM   #636
heda

@bFooz
oh I see now, you are using Track Inspector, not Track Inspector VIP. The VIP version has more recent updates, or maybe it doesn't work because the first one doesn't have the automation panel. I don't know, but it should be fixed in the next update of Track Inspector. Thanks !
Old 02-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #637
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Thank you ReaDave
I hope today is less than 50º!! wow I can't imagine how bad it has to be that.
Yeah. It was pretty crazy.
Good news though, my landlord finally got their electricians to install a decent split system air con in my studio so I can get back to creating music.
Expect a donation for your VIP stuff from me over the next day or so.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:40 AM   #638
vanhaze

Dear Heda,

I did a commercial VIP donation and i am now a very, very happy Track Inspector VIP user !
You did a Great job, big thanks !

One thing that comes to mind right away when using the floating version of TI;
Is it maybe possible to make it as a toggle Action ?
So i can toggle the TI view on and off with one key shortcut.

Would be really great, but if it is not possible, no sweat at all !

Warm Regards.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #639
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Yeah. It was pretty crazy.
Good news though, my landlord finally got their electricians to install a decent split system air con in my studio so I can get back to creating music.
Expect a donation for your VIP stuff from me over the next day or so.
Nice! Thank you very much With your experience, I'll be very interested in your feedback, suggestions etc.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #640
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Dear Heda,

I did a commercial VIP donation and i am now a very, very happy Track Inspector VIP user !
You did a Great job, big thanks !

One thing that comes to mind right away when using the floating version of TI;
Is it maybe possible to make it as a toggle Action ?
So i can toggle the TI view on and off with one key shortcut.

Would be really great, but if it is not possible, no sweat at all !

Warm Regards.

Thank you for your support!
In the gif where I show how the floating instance works in previous post, all I do is pressing the shortcut key once to show it, and again to close it. So it is as a toggle action. Isn't it? If the script is running, it will close it if you run it again.
In that gif I created a new custom action like this assigned to a shortcut key:
  1. Track: Select track under mouse
  2. Script: HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating.lua

The first time it closes, it asks you to terminate, and you have to click Remember so it won't ask again, like any other script.

Let me know if you have any more questions or feedback.