Old 03-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
chuckerst
Human being with feelings

Default Tracks mute

Could someone PLEASE help a Reaper newbie-for some reason I keep accidentally somehow muting tracks in the time line when I click on them -at first I thought I had deleted them somehow but if I keep moving the mouse around and double clicking I apparently hit the right "spot" to unmute the sound-it's driving me crazy! Thanks to anyone eho can help!
chuckerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #2
Pinknoise

Seems like you have a mouse modifier for muting items ?!
Other than that, Alt+M is used for muting items. Also there is a M button on the left corner of an item (if it's been made visible in item properties) to mute/unmute.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
chuckerst

Mouse modifier? i don't know about that-I know about the mute button but it's not muted there-It's like, if I'm trying to drag or adjust something while on the timeline-that's when it mutes-then i double click above or below that track several times and it finally unmutes (most of the time) very annoying-but thanks1
chuckerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
Pinknoise

Ye, Mouse modifiers in Option-Preferences.
You can make the mouse behave in the way you want. Like tools for exemple.(scisors, glue, selection tool,etc.) It seems your mouse is set to mute. Check under Media Item or Media Item Bottom or Media item edge in the drop down menu: context. Next there is another dropdown menu for right drag, left drag and middle click. select all these options one by one and look if there is a mute action linked to any of those.

Last edited by Pinknoise; 03-05-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckerst View Post
Mouse modifier? i don't know about that-I know about the mute button but it's not muted there-It's like, if I'm trying to drag or adjust something while on the timeline-that's when it mutes-then i double click above or below that track several times and it finally unmutes (most of the time) very annoying-but thanks1
Maybe you click the item mute button? It's a small button with an M, either above the item or at the top of the item, depending on how you have set it up.

Check this http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=135474