Old 10-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
eonblue
Human being with feelings

Default M-Audio Midisport 4x4 Issue

Hello, new Reaper user here moving over from Ableton Live 8 and I've run into an issue. The Midisport does not show in the list of available MIDI devices in Reaper. The unit has the latest drivers, shows up fine in Device Manager as working properly. Further, the unit shows up and functions perfectly in Ableton Live. My other MIDI devices seem to be functioning properly as well. Is there a way I can manually point Reaper to the device?

Any ideas?

Win 7 32-Bit SP1

ETA: SOLVED - Tried reinstalling drivers to no avail, what finally caused the MIDISport Inputs to show up in Options>Preferences>MIDI Devices was unplugging the device and plugging it into another USB port. :boggle:

I recently redid my setup and perhaps plugged the MIDISport into a different port at that time. Either way, hope this helps people in the future.

Last edited by eonblue; 10-09-2014 at 10:18 AM.
eonblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
gibi25

Did you enable it in options/preferences/midi devices?
gibi25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
eonblue

Thats the issue actually, its not showing up in that list as an available MIDI device. Which is strange because everything else is and it works in another DAW.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
gibi25

Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
eonblue

Tried reinstalling drivers to no avail, what finally caused the MIDISport Inputs to show up in Options>Preferences>MIDI Devices was unplugging the device and plugging it into another USB port. :boggle:

I recently redid my setup and perhaps plugged the MIDISport into a different port at that time. Either way, hope this helps people in the future.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
gibi25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonblue View Post
Tried reinstalling drivers to no avail, what finally caused the MIDISport Inputs to show up in Options>Preferences>MIDI Devices was unplugging the device and plugging it into another USB port. :boggle:

Computing mysteries
Old 10-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #7
darkcloud2973

Hey, I don't know if it's related, but none of my usb midi devices will show up unless they are plugged in and powered on BEFORE you start Reaper. It seems to check only at startup for new devices. If I plug something in afterward, I always have to restart Reaper to get it to show.
darkcloud2973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
eonblue

Yeah, thats pretty common with DAW's but wasn't the case here. Although, since you mentioned it and on my system if I open Reaper with my MIDI keyboard off, open the MIDI devices window its not there, then if I turn it on, close the MIDI Devices window and reopen it the keyboard shows.