Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 05-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #1
Dehenry
Human being with feelings

Default Quickly solo one track after another

How can I quickly step through tracks so that the selected track is automatically soloed when selected and unsoled when I select another track?
Old 05-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehenry View Post
How can I quickly step through tracks so that the selected track is automatically soloed when selected and unsoled when I select another track?
So you want to automatically solo only the currently selected track, right?

By default using Ctrl + Alt + Left-Click (Windows) or Alt + Cmd + Left-Click (OSX) on a Track Solo Button should work ...

Otherwise you could also have a look at making a Custom Action and assign it to a Mouse Modifier, Keyboard Shortcut or Toolbar Button:
As example, a Custom Action consisting of:

1) Track: Unsolo all tracks
2) Track: Solo tracks or Track: Toggle solo for selected tracks

Or if you want to solo the previous/next track, these two Actions should be useful. Available via ReaPack: https://reapack.com/:

- Script: X-Raym_Select previous visible track only with conditional solo exclusive.eel
- Script: X-Raym_Select next visible track only with conditional solo exclusive.eel

Last edited by solger; 05-10-2017 at 08:07 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
Dehenry

Thanks solger. I think solo exclusive or the custom action you described do not fully solve the problem because if I understand it correctly, I would have to run that action manually each time after I selected a track, which is what I want to avoid.

This is how it works in Logic: There is a global solo button which means that only the selected items are played. When a track is selected, all items on that track get selected automatically, and that allows to step through the tracks and listen to each one indidually.

Last edited by Dehenry; 05-11-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Dehenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehenry View Post
Thanks solger. What does ctrl + alt + left click do exactly? If I use it, it solos the selected track, but when I move to the next track, the first track remains soloed and the new track does not get soloed.

I think the custom action you described does not fully solve the problem because if I understand it correctly, I would have to run that action manually each time after I selected a track.

This is how it works in Logic: There is a global solo button which means that only the selected items are played. When a track is selected, all items on that track get selected automatically, and that allows to step through the tracks and listen to each one indidually.
Check your modifiers, for "Track control panel" there is no single click but there is double click. That way you can set up the macro solger suggested and it should work fine.

First build the macro, then open your modifiers, click on the mod key(s) of your choice and then select "Action list...". Then just select your macro.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
Dehenry

I'll be traveling over the next days, but will try that when I'm back - thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 01:48 AM   #6
bFooz

Or you can use this script of mine.
Attached Files
File Type: lua bfo - Auto Solo Selected Tracks (running).lua (2.5 KB, 224 views)
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote