Old 01-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #561
Diego
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
@Diego
You can use a portable installation in a USB drive or anywhere in your online computer where you install the HeDaScripts manager and the scripts and then sync the scripts folder between your internet computer and the DAW. Then load the lua files in actions manually.
Thanks, I'll try this
Old 01-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #562
G-Sun

Quote:
* v1.2pre2 (2017-01-15)
+ ALT+drag fader to temporarily move the fader and restore to previous value after drag.
Bug:
Grouped fader in non-selected track is not coming back.

You might also consider the various
Shift + ctrl + LMD for grouped behaviour
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #563
heda

Default * v1.2pre3 (2017-01-20)

Quote:
* v1.2pre3 (2017-01-20)
+ Show/Hide UL and DL buttons
+ Added button to freeze with track version, removed menu option, added menu option to ask for freeze version suffix or not.
# fix: support Adjust Track Selection (via Surface)
# fix: bug fixed when deleting track version in some cases when frozen with version.
G-Sun, let me know if it works now with Adjust track selection (via Surface)
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:30 AM   #564
G-Sun

Quote:
G-Sun, let me know if it works now with Adjust track selection (via Surface)
Seems very good
Thank you!
Old 01-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #565
heda

Default * v1.2pre4 (2017-01-21)

Quote:
* v1.2pre4 (2017-01-21)
+ Track Freeze mode button to specify freeze channels for the track. Not using track label suffixes for it anymore.
+ Select all visible tracks to freeze
+ Select all visible frozen tracks
Continuing with some more updates to freezing panel. I have another new feature but it uses chunks and I need a bit more of work on it and want to be sure it is working well.

The new feature in this pre4 release is a button to specify the freezing mode, the number of channels for the track (mono, stereo, or multichannel) or a mode to protect from freezing(not freezing). It is auto by default for every track. You can select multiple tracks at once and set the mode for all tracks. In auto mode it looks for the number of channels a track has to determine stereo or multichannel mode.

Two more functions added to the right click menu of the freeze panel, or right click to the new mode button. One to select all tracks in project that need freezing, and another to select all frozen tracks.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #566
heda

Default v1.2pre6 (2017-01-25)

Quote:
* v1.2pre6 (2017-01-25)
+ Track send presets buttons (S1 S2 S3 etc) now work with multiple tracks selected.

* v1.2pre5 (2017-01-22)
+ Select all visible tracks to freeze with all MIDI active takes
+ Select all visible tracks with all AUDIO active takes
two more functions to select tracks to freeze
and the presets to create sends now work with all selected tracks, not only the current "inspected" one. small improvements.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:53 AM   #567
blumpy

Default unable to install v1.2pre6

Using HeDA Scripts Manager v1.0beta12 I'm unable to install the update of Track Inspector VIP v1.2pre6.
I tried uninstalling pervious version. Manager saying installing and then goes back as if the TI is not installed. Any thoughts?
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:10 AM   #568
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
Using HeDA Scripts Manager v1.0beta12 I'm unable to install the update of Track Inspector VIP v1.2pre6.
I tried uninstalling pervious version. Manager saying installing and then goes back as if the TI is not installed. Any thoughts?
thank you for reporting the issue.
it works for me, but I've updated the server and maybe there is something wrong with the encryption of the passwords for new users. Could you log in the site https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/user and edit and change your user password and try again? Try using simple characters for the password. Maybe it doesn't work but I need to discard that first.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #569
blumpy

Thank you. Whatever you did, its working now.

thanks!
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #570
loopa

Amazing application, I donated immediately. Just one minor issue I found:
If I click an item (which selects the track the item is on in my setup) the app is not updated with the new track.
But it's not a big deal.
Thanks for this!
loopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #571
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopa View Post
Amazing application, I donated immediately. Just one minor issue I found:
If I click an item (which selects the track the item is on in my setup) the app is not updated with the new track.
But it's not a big deal.
Thanks for this!
thank you

It's strange. This issue you mention, it works for me. I wonder which setting are you using.
It was an issue but it was fixed in v1.1
As you can read in the changelog txt file
* v1.1pre10 (2016-12-14)
# Change track selection by selecting items [&postcount=540]
Old 02-07-2017, 02:36 AM   #572
loopa

Hi HeDa!

Thanks for the quick response. The setting responsible for allowing track selection change when clicking in arrangement view (on an item or not) is in preferences:
Editing Behaviour -> Mouse -> Mouse click/edit in track view changes track selection.
(I tried to disable it and then tracks were not selected when clicking anywhere in arrangement view).

I'm using:

Win 7 64-bit
Reaper 5.32 64 bit
Track Inspector VIP v1.2pre6 (2017-01-25) installed with HeDaScripts Manager v1.01.

Hope this helps diagnose the issue. I'm here for any further questions of course. And as I said before: Amazing app no matter what :0)

Cheers,
Loopa
Old 02-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #573
heda

Hi Loopa
it's strange.
Yes that's exactly the setting I know. It should work.
changing item selection creates a "Change media item selection" undo entry in the undo history. And clicking anywhere in the track in the arrange area, creates a "Change Track Selection" undo entry. Both of them triggering the Track Inspector to update the selected track. I have no idea what's going on, or why it won't work on your system. Could you record a small licecap gif showing the undo history window and how it happens?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #574
loopa

Hi Heda,

It DOES create an undo point when clicking outside item in arrange window like you said.
But it does *NOT* create an undo point ("Change media item selection") when clicking on an item. I guess this could be a setting of mine (something I may have turned off a long time ago to save on undo points, I'm gonna check).

I did notice that LBX Stripper DOES pick up on the track selection change no matter what but I guess he uses "defer" and polls (more cpu usage) where as you trigger on certain undo events (event based, more cpu efficient)?

Cheers,
Loopa

Last edited by loopa; 02-07-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #575
loopa

Found it!

In settings there is this option:
General -> Undo settings -> Include selection -> Item
For me it was disabled and then no undo point is created upon changing media item selection so that's why it didn't work. I may just live with needing to click outside items since the undo list already is so full of stuff :0)

Thanks a lot for the help, Heda!

Cheers,
Loopa
Old 02-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #576
heda

That's exactly right. It only updates track when certain actions are found in undo history to be smooth and save CPU.

In preferences->general->Undo settings. Make sure Include selection item is checked. The script automatically checks the track one, but not the item. I may have to fix it.

edit.. ah you just found it

Also, I personally don't use the Mouse click/edit in track view changes track selection. I'm happy that there is that option to disable it.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #577
loopa

I guess in Lua there are no ways to get notification of track selection events? That could be a point for the devs to do: i.e. to allow scripters to register event handlers for these kinds of events

EDIT: Yep just found it hehe
Old 02-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #578
heda

oh yes. A request for event handlers in scripting was made. There was no response. I guess we have to live with what we have Looking at the undo history was the best solution for now.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #579
loopa

Yeah, but that's still very cool since undo points give a lot of information AND can apparently be caught as events. Anyways, I'm right now sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the devs to finish implementing automation items
Old 02-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #580
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Hector, this track inspector is brilliant! I've seen it mentioned numerous times but only just jumped on board to see what it is all about.

I'm pretty keen to support you with a donation too.

One thing I have noticed though is that the LUFS meter isn't working for me. I went to the TB website to download the loudness meter plugin but I got an error that the file couldn't be found on their server.
I downloaded and installed version two of the plugin but, as I expected, that didn't fix the track inspector issue.

I'm assuming the LUFS functions aren't working because I don't have that TB plugin.

On another note, I really like your scripts manager too.

Great stuff.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #581
Gianfini

Hi Heda, small request here. Could you work out a "light" version of the track inspector?

I did donate and got the full one, but all I need is the possibility to "float" a track in the mixer in order to control Mute, Solo and Volume from within any position I am in the mixer.

Let's say I'm on track 157 I need to keep track 1 floating next to it.

All I would need is a simplified version of your track inspector with LOCK flag always active (it shouldn't change as I select other tracks)

thanks
g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #582
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Hector, this track inspector is brilliant! I've seen it mentioned numerous times but only just jumped on board to see what it is all about.

I'm pretty keen to support you with a donation too.

One thing I have noticed though is that the LUFS meter isn't working for me. I went to the TB website to download the loudness meter plugin but I got an error that the file couldn't be found on their server.
I downloaded and installed version two of the plugin but, as I expected, that didn't fix the track inspector issue.

I'm assuming the LUFS functions aren't working because I don't have that TB plugin.

On another note, I really like your scripts manager too.

Great stuff.
Thank you
Where is the link you followed that gave you error downloading dpmeter? Maybe I need to update a link somewhere. It was using dpmeter v1 first, but now it needs dpmeter II. When installing it gives you the option to choose which format to install. Make sure you install the VST3 version and not the VST2 version. Maybe you want to uninstall it and install it again. Let me know if it works with that. Then you should see the LUFS meter.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #583
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Hi Heda, small request here. Could you work out a "light" version of the track inspector?

I did donate and got the full one, but all I need is the possibility to "float" a track in the mixer in order to control Mute, Solo and Volume from within any position I am in the mixer.

Let's say I'm on track 157 I need to keep track 1 floating next to it.

All I would need is a simplified version of your track inspector with LOCK flag always active (it shouldn't change as I select other tracks)

thanks
g
Thank you.
It is possible to do it.
Let me try to explain a bit. I need to do some video tutorials, but let me explain it here.

In the Track Inspector VIP folder, you will see both lua files, one for normal track Inspector, and another one named HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Master.lua. What you want is to create a third one, by copying the "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua" to "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP custom.lua" for example. Then open this file in notepad or text editor, and set instance to 3, 1 and 2 are already used by the mentioned files.
And you must also change sectioname to something unique. for example:

instance = 3
sectionname="HeDaTrackInspectorCustom"

That's all you need to edit. Save the file, and add it to your actions, and run it. This will act as a new track inspector window.

Enter settings page and uncheck all the panels you don't want to see on this inspector. And use the "L" button on the bottom to lock to current track so new track changes are not affected.

Let me know if it works. It should.. but now that I am thinking, I may need a small change in recent version to support better multiple configurations... mmm I'll check it out.

I'll definitely make a video tutorial on advanced usage and customization as this one. First I must make the basic ones. I'm on it. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #584
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Thank you
Where is the link you followed that gave you error downloading dpmeter? Maybe I need to update a link somewhere. It was using dpmeter v1 first, but now it needs dpmeter II. When installing it gives you the option to choose which format to install. Make sure you install the VST3 version and not the VST2 version. Maybe you want to uninstall it and install it again. Let me know if it works with that. Then you should see the LUFS meter.
Thanks Hector. I reckon you've answered my question. I have dpmeter II installed but I only installed the VST2 version.
I'm running REAPER x64 on Win10 x64 so I assume this will work with the 64 bit VST3 version?
I'll give that a shot when I'm back in my studio.

The link that was broken was a link on the TB website itself (to the version 1 download). There's no problem with the links you've provided.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:52 AM   #585
heda

@ReaDave
Yes, you should install only the 64 bit VST3 version. If you don't need LUFS meter you can still use it without installing dpmeterII and it will use RMS meter.

@everybody
v1.3 coming soon this weekend, with more bug fixes, improved grid and meter with option to color from track or color by volume, support for meter color bitmap, support for Track Inspector themes, option to sync with REAPER themes, better settings management (not losing settings on each update), and more bug fixes.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #586
loopa

Great! Looking forward to it
Old 02-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #587
G-Sun

Quote:

@everybody
v1.3 coming soon this weekend, with more bug fixes, improved grid and meter with option to color from track or color by volume, support for meter color bitmap, support for Track Inspector themes, option to sync with REAPER themes, better settings management (not losing settings on each update), and more bug fixes.
Nice
I could like bigger buttons for save/load track volume.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #588
heda

^^ Maybe only one button, instead of two, with a bigger font, and then use CTRL+click to save and just click to load?
I'm also doing a blue line appearing on the fader scale where the saved gain is, as a visual indication of where the saved value is.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #589
hopi

Heda, problems with getting the manager to install VIP scripts even though I have a VIP account...

sent you a contact from the site and also just tried to send you a PM here on the reaper forum... but you can't get anymore PM's here until you make some room in your PM box!
Old 02-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #590
heda

Thank you hopi. I've contacted you by email. I am fixing this. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #591
amagalma

Same problem here!.. I cannot install any scripts, VIP or not.. (I do have a VIP account)

edit: Problem Solved! I had a portable installation of Reaper on my desktop (Win7). When I moved the installation to C:\ , the manager was able to download and install the scripts

Last edited by amagalma; 02-08-2017 at 02:55 PM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #592
heda

@hopi, I fixed the issue. Sorry for that. But now it's better and more secure. Let me know if it works now

All new users that may have problems downloading VIP scripts, please try to login in the site again https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/user and edit your password again and it will work. Please let me know. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #593
hopi

ummm glad you got it solved but I run mainly on a portable version and that is where I need Heda's scripts...Reapak had no problem with my portable and I'd have to say that Heda's script manager should not have a problem... it does infact install the non vip stuff ok... so only had a prob with VIP scripts
Old 02-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #594
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Same problem here!.. I cannot install any scripts, VIP or not.. (I do have a VIP account)

edit: Problem Solved! I had a portable installation of Reaper on my desktop (Win7). When I moved the installation to C:\ , the manager was able to download and install the scripts
There was certainly an issue in the server that I've just fixed and I hope it never comes back

The Manager works fine in a portable installation, in the correct Scripts folder inside the portable folder.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #595
heda

@hopi could you try the manager again with the same password and see if it works now? And if not, then try one last time to change the password on the site. It should work now.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #596
G-Sun

Heda: Can you add support for comma "," in vulume fader "change by db"?
Old 02-09-2017, 05:54 AM   #597
heda

^you must use point instead, like in REAPER.
But yes, I can replace comma with point after entering the number in the text box
Old 02-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #598
Gianfini

Quote:
Thank you.
It is possible to do it.
Let me try to explain a bit. I need to do some video tutorials, but let me explain it here.

In the Track Inspector VIP folder, you will see both lua files, one for normal track Inspector, and another one named HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Master.lua. What you want is to create a third one, by copying the "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua" to "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP custom.lua" for example. Then open this file in notepad or text editor, and set instance to 3, 1 and 2 are already used by the mentioned files.
And you must also change sectioname to something unique. for example:

instance = 3
sectionname="HeDaTrackInspectorCustom"

That's all you need to edit. Save the file, and add it to your actions, and run it. This will act as a new track inspector window.

Enter settings page and uncheck all the panels you don't want to see on this inspector. And use the "L" button on the bottom to lock to current track so new track changes are not affected.

Let me know if it works. It should.. but now that I am thinking, I may need a small change in recent version to support better multiple configurations... mmm I'll check it out.

I'll definitely make a video tutorial on advanced usage and customization as this one. First I must make the basic ones. I'm on it. Thank you!
great, this works as for creating a new instance. What about having the LOCK button pressed by default? Could you make it an option in Settings? I'd like to avoid remembering to lock the Track Inspector each time I recall it... if possible

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:01 AM   #599
G-Sun

Quote:
^you must use point instead, like in REAPER.
But yes, I can replace comma with point after entering the number in the text box
Thanks!
Reaper support comma most places (I believe)
It's far easier on my keyboard
Old 02-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #600
hopi

Default VIP inspector question

Heda, ... ok got the manager to install the newest VIP inspector now...

but I'm not understanding something about the meter displays

in the inspector I had that was pre VIP the meters showed as filled bars
in this VIP version I see a scrolling wav form at the left side and nothing at the right side... is there an option or something that I need to turn on or off?