Old 02-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #1
BobReg
Human being with feelings

Default UI no sound

The usual UI is found missing on one or more plugins and then that track/channel produces no sound. This happens on random plugins with unpredictable occurrences.

Examples:
I had the "VST: LoudMax (Thomas Mundt)" on my Master Channel suddenly missing the graphic interface(UI) and so there was no sound for the entire project.

In another project a single track with multiple plugins, just the "KORG WAVESTATION" was missing the usual UI graphic and so that channel produced no sound. the volume meter was moving but no sound. Then I noticed it was happening on other channels with other varied plugins.

Now I have to check every track in each project every time just to make sure the plugins are displaying the proper UI. If I delete and then reload that plugin, it works again.
BobReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
BobReg

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Old 03-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
Fergler

This means a plugin has crashed and brought down the plugin loading process (which is a separate process in Reaper).

LoudMax has never given me issues before but do you mind mentioning any other plugins used in the project? There are lots of ones that simply don't play nice - often made by SynthEdit or other such WYSIWIG plugin makers.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
BobReg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
This means a plugin has crashed and brought down the plugin loading process (which is a separate process in Reaper)...
First problem is, it only started happening after the last Reaper update and I have not changed or updated any plugins.

Second problem is that the plugins did not appear to have crashed because the signal was still acting as though it was going through (meter signals) but not the sound, and the gui was the simple version without the graphic. Also Reaper itself gave no indication that the plugin had crashed as it usually does.

I have been unable to do any recording work lately due to outside issues but when I get back I hope to have a more through update with names of other plugins. I find it unsettling that I alone seem to have the issue. :-)

Thank you for responding.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:27 AM   #5
ivansc

Silly question: If you have the basic GUI showing, did you try pressing the UI button to see if that brought the UI back?
Probably not it, but....
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
BobReg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Silly question: ... did you try pressing the UI button to see if that brought the UI back?...
Yes. That did nothing at all. I could either delete the plugin and then add it again or sometimes restarting Reaper would fix it. I haven't had much time but at this point I'm not seeing a occurrence of the problem.