Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 11-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
dkeatscary
Human being with feelings

Default Turn off that dang sustain pedal !!!

Losing my mind on this. I'm not the best piano player, so I'm doing a track section by section. In the attached, you'll see a arrow pointing to the place where I need to insert a CC64 -- lift OFF the sustain pedal, which is bleeding into the chorus (I've glued the whole thing together). I've tried physically overdubbing one to no avail. The piano right before the chorus just rings and ring, right into the chorus. Anyone know a quick fix for this? Obviously, this belongs in NEWBIELAND!!

Thanks, y'all.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (61.4 KB, 179 views)
dkeatscary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeatscary View Post
Losing my mind on this. I'm not the best piano player, so I'm doing a track section by section. In the attached, you'll see a arrow pointing to the place where I need to insert a CC64 -- lift OFF the sustain pedal, which is bleeding into the chorus (I've glued the whole thing together). I've tried physically overdubbing one to no avail. The piano right before the chorus just rings and ring, right into the chorus. Anyone know a quick fix for this? Obviously, this belongs in NEWBIELAND!!

Thanks, y'all.

Dave
Have you tried just double-clicking in the cc64 lane? That should insert the event, then you just drag it down to zero. You probably need to make sure that the event you are inserting is on the same channel as the note events.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:18 AM   #3
camerondye

When I first started doing midi this killed me too...
camerondye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Tod

Hey Dave, that's a rather strange looking CC64 lane in you picture. Normally the CCs are either 0(off) or 127(on) if they were recorded from the pedal of your keyboard.

Like Kevin said, you should be able to easily insert it. Maybe try setting the "Channel:" at the top right to "All".

Also if you want to just overdub you need to RightClick on the "Arm" button, scroll down and select "Record: Midi overdub".
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
dkeatscary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hey Dave, that's a rather strange looking CC64 lane in you picture. Normally the CCs are either 0(off) or 127(on) if they were recorded from the pedal of your keyboard.
I have been thinking the same thing. What could be the cause of that? I assume it's not normal to have multiple CC64 bars under a single chord, correct? I'm just lifting off or depressing the sustain pedal.
dkeatscary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
KevinW

I noticed that too. I just assumed you had a pedal that sends variable sustain levels. They do exist, and some piano vsti's respond to them, just as you can partially depress the sustain pedal on a real piano.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
I noticed that too. I just assumed you had a pedal that sends variable sustain levels. They do exist, and some piano vsti's respond to them, just as you can partially depress the sustain pedal on a real piano.
Humm, that's an interesting thought. It could be done fairly easily by just controlling the Release on an envelope like an ahdsr envelope.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote