CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 06-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
MSK
Human being with feelings

Default Build Scripts

Hey all,

I have some questions regarding the build scripts included in WDL-OL, specifically about makedist-mac.command. When I try and run the script to build for release configuration:
Code:
 # build xcode project. Change target to build individual formats 
xcodebuild -project $PLUGIN_NAME.xcodeproj -xcconfig $PLUGIN_NAME.xcconfig -target "AU" -configuration Release 2> ./build-mac.log
The build fails with the following error:
Code:
The following build commands failed:
	CompileC build-mac/Plugin.build/Release/AU.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/swell-gdi.o /Users/me/Documents/Plugin\ Development/IPlug-Youlean-master\ 4-23-2017/WDL/swell/swell-gdi.mm normal x86_64 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Farther up the terminal outputs:
Code:
 In file included from /Users/me/Documents/Plugin Development/IPlug-Youlean-master 4-23-2017/WDL/swell/swell-gdi.mm:160:
/Users/me/Documents/Plugin Development/IPlug-Youlean-master 4-23-2017/WDL/swell/swell-gdi-internalpool.h:226:10: error: use of undeclared identifier 'm_tmpbuf_pool'
     if (m_tmpbuf_pool)
         ^
/Users/me/Documents/Plugin Development/IPlug-Youlean-master 4-23-2017/WDL/swell/swell-gdi-internalpool.h:228:27: error: use of undeclared identifier 'm_tmpbuf_pool'
       WDL_HeapBuf *ret = m_tmpbuf_pool;
                          ^
/Users/me/Documents/Plugin Development/IPlug-Youlean-master 4-23-2017/WDL/swell/swell-gdi-internalpool.h:229:8: error: use of undeclared identifier 'm_tmpbuf_pool'
       m_tmpbuf_pool=0;
       ^
3 errors generated.
However when I change the line in the build script to build the debug configuration instead of the release, the build succeeds.

The same error gets thrown in Xcode when I try to build to profile (not exactly sure what this that is though). I'm able to build both the 64 and 32 bit versions of all three targets, though this might not matter.

This happens for the App, AU and VST2 targets (I'm not targeting any of the others). I'm using Youlean's IPlug folder and Xcode 8 on OS X 10.11.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
MSK
MSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
Youlean

Go inside and comment out part where if (m_tmpbuf_pool) is.

I have updated swell from cockos and it seems that they have changed something, but this part is not needed IMO.
Youlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
MSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
Go inside and comment out part where if (m_tmpbuf_pool) is.

I have updated swell from cockos and it seems that they have changed something, but this part is not needed IMO.
Awesome thanks! The build succeeded.
MSK is offline   Reply With Quote