Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 02-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
erichcammarata
Human being with feelings

Default USB MIDI transport controller

Hello. I am using a Macbook Pro and Apogee Duet. I am trying to use a logidy umi3 for transport control. When I plug my logidy in to my macbook's usb port, the device shows up in Reaper Preferences > MIDI Devices and I am able to enable the device for control messages and then assign its 3 buttons to transport controls. Great! Problem is when I plug the logidy in to the USB MIDI port on my Apogee Duet, the device does Not show up in Reaper preferences. It's definitely connected, because the light on the logidy flashes when I press its buttons. Help? I need to free up a port on my macbook for my external hard drive, so connecting through the Duet is essential
erichcammarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichcammarata View Post
Problem is when I plug the logidy in to the USB MIDI port on my Apogee Duet, the device does Not show up in Reaper preferences. It's definitely connected, because the light on the logidy flashes when I press its buttons. Help?
Since the logidy is connected through the MIDI-port of the Apogee, you will only see the Apogee under MIDI-devices. So try to enable this one for control messages.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #3
erichcammarata

Thanks for your reply, solger. The Duet does indeed show up as a MIDI control device, but enabling it for control messages does not allow me to use the logidy that is plugged into the Duet's MIDI USB port. The port seems to be functioning fine, as lights do flash on the logidy when I press its buttons when its connected through the Duet. No response from Reaper though when I try to customize transport actions.
erichcammarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:12 AM   #4
Sherpa

Default Logidy UMI3 Not Enabling Custom Actions

I'm having the same issue. I've got a Logidy UMI3. It shows up in Reaper's MIDI preferences - I've set it to 'Enabled, and Control.' The UMI3 software says the footpedal is connected, but when I attempt to assign any of the buttons, there is no response from Reaper. The lights on the pedal fire when the buttons are pressed. Any ideas are deeply appreciated!
Sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote